• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Interestingly enough, Wilson Combat 300BLK Barrels...

98Z5V

Since Wilson Combat developed the 7.62x40WT, you'd think they would not do something like this...

However, in a truly professional manner, they openly admit that if you want to run a suppressed round (in a choice between the two), you should go with the 300BLK as your option.  That's class.  <thumbsup>

They have three different offerings for 300BLK barrels, directly from them.  That's nothing but cool, right there. 

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/300-AAC-Blackout/products/397/

98Z5V,

That 16" fluted recon, is one nice looking barrel. If I should decide to build a second one I think I'd go with it.

Funny thing, since first reading your post on the 7.62X40, I've started to load for the 300. I find myself second guessing the experts that have probably tested all of these possibilities before settling on the 7.62X35 (300BLK) and the 7.62X40 Wilson. I think the slightly longer case of the 40 would really be helpful in trying to load the bullets longer in the case. Although I wouldn't want it to require special mags, as that would to some extent, negate the beauty of the design, where you share everything except the barrel, with the .223. I have found that I have .180" clearance from the front of my 300rds loaded with 145gr fmj bullets to the inside front of the mag. I wonder if they could have designed the 300 with a .100" longer case? Maybe loading the heavier bullets and fitting them inside the mag is the reason they went for the case length they did. I sure would like it if L had a little more case holding the bullets though.

I wanted the heavy fluted myself ,but when it came time to order they only had the light wt. & I'm quite happy with the bbl..

It is nice to see a manufacturer say what will work & what won't .

JGun , you  will have to find the right combo of bullet & powder to make the PF , you are looking for . Just keep at it ,it will come to you . Then all you have to do is practice.

Sounds like fun .