• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

lower build

fort60

Im' getting around to finish my lower build. When I install the dedent pin for the safety lever and tighten the grip the lever is hard if not impossible to rotate. When I loosen up the grip by 2 turns I can rotate the lever. Does this just need breaking in or could the spring hole no be long enough in the grip? Grip is Hogue, parts kit is cmmg. Any help is welcomed .

You can cut the spring down a coil or two at a time , trying it with every cut , so as to not cut the spring too short or you can make sure the hole in the grip is clear of debris/burr's or it may be too shallow & can be drilled out deeper , choice is yours on what to do if hole in grip is clear .

15 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

You can cut the spring down a coil or two at a time , trying it with every cut , so as to not cut the spring too short or you can make sure the hole in the grip is clear of debris/burr's or it may be too shallow & can be drilled out deeper , choice is yours on what to do if hole in grip is clear .

Yeah , what he said... I have done this a lot ! + 1