• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LFA/Matrix HG clearance?

Trumpet

Quick question.  I'm looking at the possibility of getting a LFA 22"Creedmoor rifle.  However, I was wondering if there's enough room between the heavy BA barrel and the inside of the rail for a SLR or Syrac adjustable gas block?  I've seen comments online claiming that there's very little room, perhaps not enough, for the adjustable gas.

Thanks.

I know SLR gives detailed dimensions on their site but I can't find anything on the Matrix handguard, maybe someone here will have the dimension for you, or you could email Chris and ask? The SLR's are pretty low profile so I really doubt it would be an issue, just where are you getting the complaint info from?

I did email Chris, but haven't heard back.   The complaint was one guy on SH who mainly had issues with the rail and barrel nut, and another guy on Arfcom who's issue was the rail being so thin on his 6.5 build, that JP low profile adjustable gas "wasn't even close" to fitting.  He said LFA sent him the "thinnest gas block" he's ever seen, and that barely fit.

Receivers are good to go though.  I was looking into buying a complete rifle, more out of convenience.

Edited by Trumpet

6 hours ago, guruofhotrod said:

Cool!  Thanks. That's the 308 rail, right?  I assume LFA is using the same rails?  Did you ever try an adjustable gb? Also, what size barrel is that?  The BA barrels on the LFA precision builds are .936 at the GB.

Thanks so much!

Your Welcome

Yep, 308 rail, The barrel is a Ares Armor 16" Mid gassed 4140 with a .750" Gas Block - never tried an adjustable gas block but if you read the last of that thread you will notice a link to a adjustable gas key I've been really wanting to get my hands on:cool:

Edited by guruofhotrod