• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rock River Arms order lead times

I ordered a RRA LAR 8 Elite Operator from Rock River Arms through a local gun store on February 15th. That was 96 days ago. The website says the lead time on a LAR 8 is 45 to 90 days. I have not yet received the rifle  <dontknow>

Anyone have any experience with ordering from Rock River?

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an LAR8 before CHRISTMAS, and it JUST came in at the end of April.  And it was WRONG.  After verifying the order 3 times.  They then proceeded to tell me it had been ordered wrong, and yet the person that took my order was "their best sales person, but was no longer with the company."

I sent it back, ordered an AR10 from Armalite (which was on the shelf) and had it inside of 14 days.  And AR anything fits it sans the obvious stuff that only fits AR15.  Do yourself a favor and cancel the order and get yourself an AR10 or ANYTHING else.

They actually told me it was my fault, and then said I had to send the ENTIRE rifle back instead of just the upper so they could change the barrel length.  On top of that, I would have to wait ANOTHER 6-8 WEEKS to get a rifle with the correct length barrel on it.  And I live 3 hours drive from their factory.  Not cool.

Armalite on the other hand verified they had the rifle I wanted, in stock, and on the shelf, and said I'd have it within 7-10 days from the time of order.  I allowed the extra four days as I know my gun shop is busy, and I think they only order on a certain day of the week.  Regardless, I had a rifle within 2 weeks, not 2 months.  I think the fact that both RRA and Armalite are IN Illinois where I live, and both are about the same driving (shipping) distance away, and the service I got with one and not the other speaks volumes.

I'm sure the other brand-specific guys on here might recommend their favorite brand also, but I had great customer service from Armalite, and Armalite Guy on here was very helpful also.  They have a customer for life with me.

yah, 6-8 weeks is what they told me. That's sad because they make a pretty good product. I have owned a RRA .556 for years and still works great. But I've ran out of patients with their customer service, and I could not imagine waiting a year and get the wrong rifle >:(

I'm going to cancel my order tomorrow and order Armalite.

I'm sure the other brand-specific guys on here might recommend their favorite brand also, but I had great customer service from Armalite, and Armalite Guy on here was very helpful also.  They have a customer for life with me.

Hey, if you're happy ...

Seriously congrats on the new rifle.

Don

yah, 6-8 weeks is what they told me. That's sad because they make a pretty good product. I have owned a RRA .556 for years and still works great. But I've ran out of patients with their customer service, and I could not imagine waiting a year and get the wrong rifle >:(

I'm going to cancel my order tomorrow and order Armalite.

I think you'll be happy.  Their part numbers are pretty easy to understand to.  AR10 is what it is, suffix A2 or A4 is A2 sights, A4 is flat top front and rear, and then nothing for a Rifle, and a C for a Carbine (16" Barrel).  Mine was an AR10A4C.  You can also order black furniture or green.  They had both on the shelf for me, but I had figured since I was changing the stocks anyway, and I had an A2 black grip laying around, I didn't care if it was green or black.  They had both on the shelf though.

Magazines are expensive if you buy only one.  But if you look at the sidebar on the left of their screen, you'll see in the sale area they have magazine paks.  A 10 pack of 20 rnd magazines is $275.  Which makes the magazines $27.50 ea.  You can also get 25 rnd magazines.  I bought the 10 pack with a buddy and split them.  I'm sure someone on here in the AR10 section would do the same.  If not, PM me, maybe I'll split a 10 pack with you.

Spoke with the owner of the gun store who said that he has been waiting on 6 Weapons  from Rock River Arms, and is also going to cancel the order because he has been waiting on them longer than I. He gave me a good deal on an Armalite AR10 A4. Now I need to sell a bunch of FAL Mags, anyone need any <dontknow> 

Damn dude!  6 rifles???  Sounds like they are swirling the bowl rather than too busy.

We're STILL waiting on the upper for the wives rifle.  I really want to tell them to sell the RRA lower and just order an Armalite for her also.  Probably have it in two weeks just like mine.  Or should have kept her Bushmaster and just bought a new bushmaster upper and sold her old one.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.  How did you do that?  You ordered it on the 10th, and picked it up on the 24th?  that's only 14 days!  How does Armalite do it???  <laughs>

It was Christmas for me yesterday too.  The modification for the rifle length hand guards on a carbine barrel were done at my armorer, so I can pick it up today if I can get out of work early enough.  Otherwise I have to wait until Tuesday.  Oh the anguish.

I picked mine up last night.  It's awesome!  Should be on the range today or tomorrow.  I might wait until tomorrow, as my Dueck Defense sights will be in.  And I can zero both the ACOG and the DD RTS.

I went with the Magpul MOE Rifle Length hand guard.  It weighs almost nothing, and you have three common positions you can mount rail sections to.  I'm not a fan of the vertical hand grips, but love the Magpul AFG.  Really ergonomic, and still gives your reaction side hand something to assist in pulling the rifle into your shoulder.

The hand guards are all the same.  To have a rifle length on a carbine barrel though, you have to have an armorer that knows what he's doing.  Changing out the gas block for a low profile version is pretty straight forward.  But he has to make compression sleeves for the front sight to fit the (Armalite) .625 barrel, and also modify the original front sight to retain the hard guard delta ring.  I'll post some photos up of mine.  It's not cheap, but not really expensive to do.  But it gives you a longer sight radius for iron sights.  It puts them back to "stock" length.  If you're solely using optics, or don't care about the sight radius, then it's not worth doing.  Unless you're into how "cool" your rifle looks and you deem it "cool."

For an operator, it also gives you more rail room.  But, how much stuff do you need to cram on your rifle that you probably [realistically] will never use.  Again, that kind of stuff isn't very useful to me, and is more "barbie for men" category.  Mine is already a 10# club with a loaded magazine and my ACOG.  I can't imagine adding weight to it just for looks or to be "bad ass."  Ya know?

I picked up my MOE hand guard at a gun show for $30.  The AFG was about $30 also.  The low profile gas block was $60 (they sell cheaper ones).  I think the work to put it all together was about $100.00.  Not sure that's normal/average or not.  I do a lot of business there, so they might have thrown me a bone (so to speak) on the labor.

I also have a Magpul UBR stock.  THAT is AR10 specific.