• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington 300BLK brass

I have 100 Remington ACC BLK primed brass , that I just had a Chance to try out & with dismall results.

I loaded 100 with the Serria 135 MK's & I reduced the load a little from my test loads & I had one of the Rem. primed primers fall out most likely in the mag upon recoil .

The rd. didn't go off of course , so I ejected it into my hand & promply got a hand full of powder & looked at the case ,saw it had no primer & thought I missed one .

Well it really screwed up my rifle & I had FF  & FTE & got some of my new brass screwed up probably beyond repair .

I disassembled the rifle & upon removing the BCG ,it had unburnt powder all over it & in the chamber .

I don't remember how far down the twenty shot mag this was ,but it must have been dropping powder on the cartridges below it .

No high pressure signs on the fired brass , so the rd's are not over loaded & this had to happen before the rd. was fired , New primered Rem. brass , WTF.

did you go as far as checking to see if the problem was due to an oversize pocket, or a bad primer? So far I've had no problems with the cut down LC stuff, but I've been planning to try to get a hold of some 300BLK marked brass.  As far as I know thats all coming from Remington right now, correct?

I don't know what that can be. The brass is very strong - stronger than 223 brass, because it has 5.56mm-like case-head hardness. Also the primers are lightly crimped and sealed. The primers don't pop out even for 72,000 psi proof loads.

What was your powder, powder charge, and OAL?

Is your chamber a BLACKOUT chamber, or a Whisper® chamber?

My Bad , IT WAS NOT A REMINGTON CASE!

After looking at it closely at home with out sweat in my old eyes , it was a cut down LC 5.56 case .

How that one ,one of my test load brass, got into the batch of 99 other Rem. ACC 300 BLK brass is a mystery to me even now thinking about it.

I scraped all my test load cases, do not under stand how this on got into my new brass & didn't get tossed.

I apologize to all concerned , I can make a lot of excuse-es ,but it was all me , for jumping the gun with out further examination .

I don't know what that can be. The brass is very strong - stronger than 223 brass, because it has 5.56mm-like case-head hardness. Also the primers are lightly crimped and sealed. The primers don't pop out even for 72,000 psi proof loads.

What was your powder, powder charge, and OAL?

Is your chamber a BLACKOUT chamber, or a Whisper® chamber?

rsilvers, it's good to see you here - welcome, by the way.  <thumbsup>

Please stick around and contribute whenever possible.

Awesome.  ;D

I just noticed, who that was that responded.

Please do hang out ,your the main man as far as this cartridge is concerned & I apologize again for jumping the gun on the blame thing ,it is not a normal thing for me to do that .

I for one ,as others here ,like the 300BLK & am getting to know it . I am not interested in the sub sonic aspects of the cartrudge ,but for a hunting cartridge.

What is new in the ammo development ?

My bbl. is a 300BLK from Wilson & when I get around to putting some good optics on her ,we will see how my load development works out .

I believe I figured out how that cut down LC brass got in the mix. It had to be a loaded test rd. left in the cartridge box & I didn't notice it .

This can be the only way ,because I didn't prime any ,they were already primed from the factory.

I loaded the 300BLK on my Dillon & I use the 100rd MTM cases for hand loads.

I must not have noticed the one test rd. still in the MTM case & just put the new reloads in there & didn't notice .

I only had 99 REM. 300BLK brass because one had a very badly deformed case mouth & it couldn't be salvaged.(dented ,probably from shipping )

Just goes to show ya ,you can never let your guard down when reloading