• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Size 10 snake boots

buttonbuck

I figured I may as well try even though this isn't a hard core hunting forum from what I can tell.  Looking for a back up set to keep at the camp as old age or just being dumb has led me to forget my boots a few times recently.  I like Danner a lot and currently have the 18" Pronghorns, but Irish Setter also fits me like a glove...their Vaprtrek line seems to be a winner.  Need to be 17-18" and obviously snake proof/waterproof.  Feel free to shoot me a picture and let me know what you want for them and maybe I can take an old pair off your hands....don't care how they look just that they are water tight and functionally good to go.  Thanks

Which ones did you get Buttonbuck?

I never have had a problem getting struck with a snake, even though I have hunted around a lot of snakes rattlesnakes and copperheads along with cottonmouths in Texas. I did wear hightop lace boots when I was hunting Quail. 

I have had a couple of dogs bit, I had a good  black spaniel that was bitten several times, thought he was gonna die a time or two, then my Dad had  a big Airedale that was a really good hunter, and he got bit several times he survived them but couldn't survive the car that hit him when he was crossing the highway. He was 14, I thought my dad was gonna die, Dad was 76. That old Airedale  couldn't resist killing any skunk he ran across. Dad made him ride in the back of the pickup when he smelled like skunk, which was most of the time.

Edited by mrmackc

I ended looking on ebay real quick and voila found a home run really just a stroke of luck.  17" Danner Pronghorn blems new in box for 80 shipped.....they are 300 new.  Best snake boot I've ever worn and as if I care they have water spots on them?  They are going to be muddy and full of cow poop on day 1 so bring em!

We have them everywhere both rattlers and pygmies.  This time of year they love hanging around the pines and the bases of trees.  I will get a pic up here of one my buddy nailed as he walked up to his climber a few weeks ago about a 5 footer.  I know you guys have 'em much bigger and meaner in TX!