• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Short Throw B.A.D.A.S.S.

I have the original BADASS unit, and I love it. I'm in the market for another unit, but I want the newer short throw lever. Anyone know when the 45 deg levers are going to come with the cerakote options? I need one in gun metal grey if I can get it. It'd be nice if they just gave an option for stainless steel levers so I didn't have to wait for the cerakote.

(Sorry if this offends)

I am a gross violator of manufacturer warantees, and I full intend to "modify" a short throw B.A.D.A.S.S. to work in my SI-D 308. I know the markings won't match up anymore, but maybe down the road I can arrange for a carbon fiber plate with correct markings to be placed over the old markings.

Hi Robocop, we have plans to offer levers in Cerakote options.  Please email me at roger@battlearmsdevelopment.com and I will take care of it :)

Re: stainless steel levers, we have not thought of offering the selectors or just the levers in stainless steel, as a company we're very open to suggestions, so we will look into it ;)

I'd like to point out Roger is posting just after 0600. That is dedication! Great to have you around Roger!

I just recently spent $50 for a $10 bolt catch, just to have it in stainless. I spent $60ish for my first B.A.D.A.S.S. unit. I planned on paying $70ish more for my next... But I'd pay $100 right now to get a stainless steel Short Throw B.A.D.A.S.S. with two short levers.

Hell! We have so many gun-gluttons on this site, I bet between myself, Imschur, Jgun, 98Z5V, survivalshop and one or two more we could rack up a $1k order pretty quick. I wouldn't think there would be a HUGE market for s/s units, but there are plenty of us fanatics who simply want the best. The only thing better than a B.A.D.A.S.S. unit would be a B.A.D.A.S.S. unit made of stainless steel.

• 5 months later...

Will the short throws fit a CMMG 308 lower, if the stainless tit is removed?  Same for my AR lower?

PM Sent

Hey brother Robo sometimes I'm as smart as a brass case,looked up B.A.D.A.S.S. and just found my picture  :o what is this that you speak of?

Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector

Also found here.

Sorry for the late arrival, thanks Robo for picking up the slack for me  :)

The only thing that prevents the 45 degree selector from being a drop-in part for a standard AR receiver is the pin block.  The removal of which will allow it to work on receivers that do not have the proper FIRE or pictogram engraving, and therein lies the problem.  The short throw selector's position indicator points at between 10 and 11 o'clock, on some receivers it's close enough to the 12 o'clock FIRE engraving, but on others it's not.

This creates a liability problem for us.  Never mind the manufacturers that have pirate or zombie themed engravings that say nothing about which is Safe and which is fire, we've been advised to not open doors for litigation by some of the best product liability attorneys in the nation, who happen to be my clients in my day job  <thumbsup>  Battle Arms Dev. is one of their clients.

Anyway, if the pin is removed, while it does not impact the structural integrity of the selector center, it does void the warranty.  We didn't put the pin block there only for it to be removed lol.

But please email me or call me with any questions, there are things I can't say publicly.  What we do make public though, is that we do not encourage or suggest the removal of the pin block.