• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My New Baby

jfeenin

RayGun19... Thanks for the offer but there is no way I could afford to take the time off work to drive to IL to replace a $33 part.  My wife is super supportive of my shooting hobby but she would flip on me if I told her I was going to do that. LOL  I'd need to find a place to live and sleep when I got there LOL.

The job I'd be OK with losing but I'll keep the wife.  She makes me spend more money on nicer guns than I would even for myself LOL  Her dad always tells her that if her mother was more like her they'd still be together.  <laughs>

OK earlier in this thread I was pointed to the Bushnell 1x32 MP Trophy Red Dot.  I did t a lot of research and found that most people who used this red dot really liked it.  The general complain was that at 15.6 ounces it was heavy and it was large.  I also saw a few people commenting that it had an eye relief, it does not.  it's eye relief even as listed on Bushnell's website is unlimited.  However I did see some sites selling it listing an eye relief which is peculiar.  I wonder if at one point in time the spec's. between the 1x and 3.5x version.  Which I can't seem to find an example of in real life so I wonder if it ever really got made.  However if you look at the instructional manual PDF (which isn't what comes with the scope BTW) you'll see reference to the 3.5x version and a picture of it: http://bushnell.com/manuals/riflescopes/Trophy_MP_RedDot_RS_1LIM.pdf

As for the size of it I don't have an issue with that either. It's built really heavily and it looks like it will hold up well.  It does not have the large opening and field of view of a rec dot that was a straight through 30mm tube though.  It's smaller than my TA11H which you can see here on the LMT beside the AR-10.

normal__MG_2190.jpg

I wish they did make it because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  I am so happy this optic was pointed out to me.  I love it!  I took it out Saturday for a few shots and again Sunday.  I do wish it was a single dot or dot and circle like EoTechs but the T dot is very usable and is much less cluttered than the Walther reticle.  I should point out that I have discovered that red dots can be an issue with me.  Particularly if they are set too bright.  I have an eye condition called Fuchs' Dystrophy.  One of the issues with this is high contrast bright lights will starburst and/or blur.  It makes driving at night in the rain a really special thrill.  So a really bright or cluttered red dot reticle turns into a mess for me.  A properly adjusted red dot in the daytime is no problem though.