• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA10 Gen2

hillpitcher2006

First .308 AR rifle - bought a complete upper assembly and lower assembly separately from PSA, made a few changes and slapped them together.

Upper was $399, lower was $159. Swapped the grip for a BCM Mod 3 grip and the stock/buffer assembly for a UTG A2-style stock with a GG&G slot sling endplate. Added Ozark Armament canted iron sights, a Burris AR-P.E.P.R. mount and Nikon Buckmasters II 4-12x40 scope. Also installed anti-walk hammer and trigger pins from Squirrel Daddy (lol). Bought 20rd PMAGs and also a couple Brownells (brand labeled?) 20rd aluminum mags. They were $9/ea so I hope they work.

Total cost including scope and mount, not including mags, sling, shipping and transfer fees - $939.

My only complaints thus far - the handguard (Midwest Industries) is a completely different shade (more satin) and texture from the receivers (not sure if it shows up in these pictures); and there is a very noticeable gap between the upper and lower receivers.

I have a large box of CBC ammo to break it in, hopefully this weekend, and I bought a few other boxes of different ammo to see how the gun cycles various brands. Will post target photos as soon as I can.

This gun is heavy, but feels great when shouldered. I'm 6'5" and it feels more comfortable/natural to hold when compared to my AR-15. Haven't even shot it yet and I'm hooked on this platform! 

IMG_20171010_090627874.jpg

IMG_20171010_090721326.jpg

IMG_20171010_090810166.jpg

IMG_20171010_090959866.jpg

IMG_20171010_090932337.jpg