• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to this forum

redbaron8

Hello to all! Red Baron here from Texas. I've been shooting for more than 40 years and reloading for 35. Been shooting DCM, skeet, trap, paper, dirt clods, tannerite, and damn near any thing else that didn't leave range mess. Got several AR 15's. And now I have an Armalite .308 upper. Now to build the lower. Gonna stick with Armalite for the receiver, but am open to suggestions as to stock (6 pos), trigger, and any other useful additions you all can suggest. Thanks for havin' me! Red. 

Hi 98. I definitely want mil-spec, hate rattles. Like the ones I've seen with the battery storage, and the raised triangular longitudinal profile, so as to create a ?cheek piece? Sorry but I don't remember who makes it. There are a lot of trigger options out there. I demand safety and reliability, but I would also like  target grade performance. I will use the rifle to hunt deer and hogs with, as well. Any recommendations as to buffer and spring combos are welcome as well. You know there are a lot of electrons running aimlessly around the Internet, many of which are of dubious value/veracity, so I figured the best place to cut through the smoke would be a 308 specific forum. Thank you , in advance for any and all help you can provide. And to the rest of you who wish to chime in, thanks, as well. Red.

Hi 98. I definitely want mil-spec, hate rattles. Like the ones I've seen with the battery storage, and the raised triangular longitudinal profile, so as to create a ?cheek piece? Sorry but I don't remember who makes it.

Couple options out there for something like that.  For storage of batts, you'd be looking at something like the MagPul ACS or the LMT SOPMOD stock.  Those don't have the cheek riser, though.  I think what you're looking at in that department it the MagPul PRS setup.  Now, you can have batt storage, and get a cheek riser - use either one of the collapsible stocks mentioned (ACS or SOPMOD), combined with the LaRue Tactical RISR on them...

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=501

RISR_small.jpg

That might work.  Good discussion, man.  <thumbsup>  Fire off your thoughts.