• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Thumblers Tumbler

survivalshop

This is a real nice Tumbler , the capacity is about the same as my Lortone , but shaped much differently . My first batch of wet tumbled 44mag & 45 Colt brass came out stunning , no black water , which I though you always get , may have something to do with my older tumbler Barrel breaking down . Water after three hours was slightly reddish in color & murky , but the Brass was Beautiful .   The six wing nuts are different to me , my Lortone only has a single nut or knob to tighten & seal the Drum . Makes more noise then my Lortone , but not much more , I think its the more aggressive flats on the inside of the Drum .

Except for the six win nuts , its great !

DSCN3103.thumb.JPG.338059d1736e0d1b589889c2a596dab6.JPG

DSCN3104.thumb.JPG.03243a7be62ca93c520bd379ce7a7070.JPG

DSCN3105.thumb.JPG.c71e077e4825af64fb77b984d650f9d6.JPG

DSCN3109.thumb.JPG.3042ea30004bfbecd6225c08d19f0437.JPGDSCN3108.thumb.JPG.ee8c7b0e05e2f90768ed4b3a42f1d330.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

29 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

This is a real nice Tumbler , the capacity is about the same as my Lortone , but shaped much differently . My first batch of wet tumbled 44mag & 45 Colt brass came out stunning , no black water , which I though you always get , may have something to do with my older tumbler Barrel breaking down . Water after three hours was slightly reddish in color & murky , but the Brass was Beautiful .   The six wing nuts are different to me , my Lortone only has a single nut or knob to tighten & seal the Drum . Makes more noise then my Lortone , but not much more , I think its the more aggressive flats on the inside of the Drum .

Except for the six win nuts , its great !

DSCN3103.thumb.JPG.338059d1736e0d1b589889c2a596dab6.JPG

DSCN3104.thumb.JPG.03243a7be62ca93c520bd379ce7a7070.JPG

DSCN3105.thumb.JPG.c71e077e4825af64fb77b984d650f9d6.JPG

DSCN3109.thumb.JPG.3042ea30004bfbecd6225c08d19f0437.JPGDSCN3108.thumb.JPG.ee8c7b0e05e2f90768ed4b3a42f1d330.JPG

Nothing like Christmas before Christmas!:banana:

I did around 300+ 9mm last night & the water was a little black . Wonder if the small load the first time was not enough to get the water black . 

I will be using this Thumblers Tumbler for water & SS media & the Lortone for Dry Media tumbling . I did notice the Motor on the TT never gets hot like the Lortone when water & SS tumbling , after three hours of water& ss tumbling with the Lortone , you cant touch the Motor , the TT, It barely gets warm .

5.56 Brass next .

Yes we kinda don't follow protocol for Christmas Day opening of presents , the wife has been riding her new Christmas Bike present for about a week now .:laffs:

ss can you take a pic of the water bath before and adding of brass and the final water color.. i need to get something bigger and the stainless water bath might be the ticket.  i have a concrete mixer needing use... id love to heve 200lbs of clean brass over dirty!

11 hours ago, sketch said:

ss can you take a pic of the water bath before and adding of brass and the final water color.. i need to get something bigger and the stainless water bath might be the ticket.  i have a concrete mixer needing use... id love to heve 200lbs of clean brass over dirty!

Not sure what a all Metal drum of a Cement Mixer will effect the Brass , these Rock Polishers have a Rubber compound of some sort as a liner or Drum . 

Of course the water is clear when starting , my old Lortone , the final water is as black as the drum when the three hours are over , so far I'm not seeing that with the Thumblers , at least not as deep dark black , so far . I have 5.56 next & then 308 , so it may be the amount of fouling & size of the Brass that make the difference in colors .

I do wash & degrease the Rifle Brass before I Tumble them , to get rid of the Sizing Lube . Even when the water is deep black , the Brass looks like new, inside & out . I had issues with a black slim on the Lubed Brass , but the degreasing before tumbling took care of that .

Photos shortly .