• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Parts that fit

Hotwrench

I ordered the following spares for the PA10 bolt from Midwayusa: DPMS Firing Pin LR-308 Stainless Steel

AR-Stoner Bolt Gas Ring LR-308 Pack of 3

DPMS Bolt Cam Pin LR-308 Matte

I replaced the original parts with the new spares and sent a 10 downrange.  I realize that this is far from a conclusive test since I only fired a 10 but my recently acquired PA10 (12/2017) fired, ejected and worked just fine.  I now have some important spares to pass along.

One odd thing, at least to me was that the original bolt gas ring was just that, one continuous ring while the spares are like all the AR15's I have seen, three separate rings.  But in spite of that they worked just fine.

I hope this will help some of us out.

Edited by Hotwrench
more

24 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

You are supposed to inspect & test all components regularly & when in doubt , replace as needed .

That is the very reason these were ordered.  Besides here in Virginia we just got a new Governor, well really a copy of the last one Bloomberg bought and his big push is , "common sense gun laws".  You may read that as no guns unless you are a criminal or guarding a criminal (Governor, Politician etc).

Extractor & Spring

Ejector  & spring 

Firing Pin & Retaining Pin

A Lower Receiver Spring set or a complete Lower Receiver Parts set /without the FCG ( depends on what Trigger you have in the Rifle , if you have a stock FCG instead of a custom FCG , get a complete Lower Receiver Parts set  )

DPMS has a spare parts set for both the AR 15 & their LR series .

I normally get the individual components from Brownells & build my own Parts sets .

SS Firing Pin ? Nothing wrong with the hard Chrome ones , unless you are doing some kind of Dwell timing & the SS makes some kind of difference for your action  .

7 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

I wanted to know if anyone was keeping a list of spare parts that fit the various manufacturers guns.  Mine was whatever the latest PSA bolt is .

That was not an issue when all you had was DPMS or AR 10 , now , there are so many component manufacturers , it could be a crap shoot , even with Springs , none are made to any kind of common spec's , except for DPMS & Armalite . 

Your PSA may have one manufacturer this month & another , next month , so its hard to say who is making what for them . No matter what you read , DPMS Components work , as do Armalite , for their specific Rifles types.

Not saying there are not good manufacturers of components out there for 308AR's , there is , but it doesn't mean they are compatible with what you may have . This is what happens when you have no Milspec for said components , just the way it is . 

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:39 AM, survivalshop said:

That was not an issue when all you had was DPMS or AR 10 , now , there are so many component manufacturers , it could be a crap shoot , even with Springs , none are made to any kind of common spec's , except for DPMS & Armalite . 

Your PSA may have one manufacturer this month & another , next month , so its hard to say who is making what for them . No matter what you read , DPMS Components work , as do Armalite , for their specific Rifles types.

Not saying there are not good manufacturers of components out there for 308AR's , there is , but it doesn't mean they are compatible with what you may have . This is what happens when you have no Milspec for said components , just the way it is . 

THIS !!!

If PSA would build, or have their PA10 parts built, to DPMS standards, and continue to sell them as cheap as they are now, they would give DPMS and every other manufacturer some very good competition. If they would do this, and say so on their site, their PA10 parts and rifles would be selling out daily. As it is, they sell like hot cakes anyway.