• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Speeded things up considerably!!!

bubbas4570

Before I changed homes last year I picked up a Hornady Lock 'n Load AP press and a Dillon RT1500.....finally got the whole system set up and running.

.....all I can say is WHY DID I WAIT SOON LONG!!!??!!?!?!?!!?!??!?!? I could have used this thing years ago.......  Just to give you guys an idea on how fast it can be, I sized and trimmed over a 2 pound coffee can (plus a LARGE akrobin) full of 223 brass without trying in an hour. It is noisy, but that is fixed with some earpro and a cord to hook up toons....

Not me, but here is an idea of how it works.

This is my first truly progressive press, but I like it alot. Takes more time to set up, and attention when running....but worth it. I have owned RCBS  turret, 4X4, Jr., old Pacific single, and LEE  single stage presses, but this one takes the cake for speed and utility. I still have and need a the Pacific single stage, but it is used for bullet sizing almost exclusiviely.

Just so you understand, the price of admission isn't cheap in this speed trimming club....:hornet:

Welcome to the club. When I first began looking for a loading press many moons ago, all the "experienced" sellers and dealers said don't waste your time on a progressive, get a single stage. Best advice I ever ignored. I bought an RCBS 4x4 and never looked back. Progressive presses are great.