• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Something of interest

6132expert

POF pattern - something about the DPMS and POF upper and lower mating that requires offset pins, I believe.  Jgun put this combo together, if I remember right, and later sold some of the parts to Matt Cross.

Actually, this upper is supposed to mate up to the POF lower in such a way that it will be unnecessary to use bushings as when you mate a DPMS upper to a POF lower. The upper will have .250" holes to match the .250" pivot and take down pins that POF uses. These are being made by the same people that (until recently) made POF's uppers and lowers. The seller tells me that the contour of the upper will match that of the POF lower to create a matched set. In addition, it will allow me to use whatever rail I choose and not have to use a POF rail as you would if you used a regular POF upper for a build.

As is always the case when your one of the first to try somthing out , this is a bit of a gamble for me, but, as you said, this is just what I've been looking for, because I've always really liked the POF receivers but never liked the fact that if you buy a POF rifle (which I also really like) your limited  as to what parts you can swap out. With the way they designed their uppers so that the handguard slides over the rail of the upper, your pretty much limited to using their setup as is.  This upper will allow me to do a complete DI build using DPMS compatable parts while getting to use the POF lower receiver. As I said before I will post some pictures of the set as soon as I have it. Last time I spoke to him, Doug (the seller) told me that he had made 30 uppers in this initial run and that so far 20 of them are spoken for.