• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

scope suggestions?? with variable turrets

Turrets on a scope that won't hold zero? Run away from utg/ncstar/etc.

Get a quality scope, if you need turrets the better scope makers offer them as well. You can get a Leupold 3-9 markAR with turrets for under $300 from opticsplanet, probably locally as well.

If you need more magnification, they make scopes in larger magnifications as well.

When it comes to optics, the adage of buy once, cry once definitely applies.

For the life of me I cannot understand the obsession people have with putting cheap garbage optics on a >$1000 weapon. Personally I would rather have a $400 scope on a sub $100 weapon, then a sub $100 scope on a $400 weapon. Use a set of quality irons while you save up twenty bucks a month to buy a real optic.

the centerpoint 4-16 that you can get at walmart is an excellent scope for the price.  we have 2 of them (.22 mag and cheap bolt action .308) and they work great.  quality isnt as good as a Leupold or vortex but for $70 you cant really beat it. 

i however would not put one on a gun that costs $900 or more. i'd go for a Leupold or vortex.  the Leupold Mark AR would be a good option if you want to go cheap.

If you do not already,  subscribe to MidwayUSA and to Sportsman's Guide.  Most of my scopes came from MidwayUSA,  two Nikon's and three Simmons.  Midway has sales from time to time and offers good prices on scopes.  Sportsman's Guide also has offerings that might be good.  I bought a Pentax from them that still needs a rifle.  Most of the ideas in other,  much older posts in this forum are fairly timeless,  worth checking out.