• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for a recommendation for HP Competition

MSchwartz

Have decided there is much wisdom and good juju in this community. I am actively seeking recommendations for an AR-10 platform in 308/7.62x51 that would be suitable to use in NRA HP competitions. Distances would be out to 600yds normally although I have tried my hand a couple of times at 1000yds (at least they all hit the same target). With an M1A I don't get the same better cheekweld I get with an AR10 in sitting and prone. While I like the M1A, I'm curious to see what recommendation y'all have for someone inexperience in AR platforms.  I have found older posts but would like a fresh, up to date opinion, based upon the ever changing NRA rules.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, MSchwartz said:

Have decided there is much wisdom and good juju in this community.

You, self-proclaimed, have a ton of NRA High Power experience, right?  You stated that in the past.

Why do you need us to tell you what the rules are, in NRA High Power, with your extensive background in NRA High Power?

Your whole post has me confused - you act like you wanna get into it, - but you've already been into it, in the past. Therefore, you know where to look for the rules on this class (There's two classes you can enter, actually).

What's the deal here, Ripper51/MSchwartz?...  You've been here since 2012, so your time here is on the "senior" level.  I don't understand your question, based on your background, and your stated experience...   I'm confused, here... 

Please explain...

98Z5V- We don't measure experience in NRA High Power by the pound or the ton, so I'm sure you are confused, as you stated. I am aware of the NRA High Power Rules for rifles as service or match. Did not ask for anyone to tell me what the rules are.  I have been registered on this forum since 2012 however, I haven't been very active. I don't live on forums. I use them as reference points when I need information. The question was simple. What AR-10 platform, or if that's complicated for you think of it as a big AR15 in 308, would be used in NRA High Power? Since this was posted under the sub forum for DPMS, I'm presuming someone who shoots a DPMS model would have a suggestion. Since it had been viewed a number of times and not commented on, I believed it to be a dead issue. Since I don't have the time you obviously do to spend on this forum, I chose to look elsewhere as well. But thank you for you viewpoint. It was instructive.

Haha!  Same dick you always were, when it came to my comments. 

There's a reason your topic hasn't been commented on, and it's based on your past. I thought I'd throw you a bone, but you proved yourself again.

Good luck with your NRA High Power - happy researching, on something you already say you have alot of experience in.   :laffs::thumbup:

No, my name isn't Richard. I was merely humoring someone who seems to go out of their way to show he might be from the country of Moro. Nothing in your post suggested you were throwing anything except excrement, so I avoided having it splatter. Thank you for your concern. FYI it appears the folks who viewed might have sent pm's or emails as they might have wished to avoid your inane comments. Not sure what in life passed you by and made you bitter, but I am sure you won't get over it without professional help. Good luck in the future.

1 minute ago, MSchwartz said:

FYI it appears the folks who viewed might have sent pm's or emails as they might have wished to avoid your inane comments.

No, they didn't - but good try, though!...   :laffs:

You didn't receive any responses, public or private - based on your past...   :banana:

Schwartz he’s got a point but on the other hand we coulda just kept on the silent treatment, guess someone was feeling froggy.........

wanna shoot long range come meet us in the desert in 11 days ? 

locking this because nothing good will come of it and I’m watching the fights tonight 

• shepp locked this topic