• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gas Tube

Mongo40

I put together a 308 using AERO upper an lower, AR Stoner 20" barrel an BCG. Was shooting it this past weekend and 99% of the shots I was short stroking, It will eject but not load the next round. The barrel says it uses a rifle length gas tube so I installed a mil spec rifle length one I purchased from Midway and its just a little short of being in the middle of the cam cut out in the upper, also I wasn't shooting it "Wet". I used the search function an these are two of the cures I came up with from that so anyone have advice as to where I can get a little longer gas tube than current stock mil spec, cheap fix an then I'll try it again and see if it fixes my problem. Thanks

On 10/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Mongo40 said:

After looking around, someone posted some lengths, Armalite's rifle length is 15.5" about a quarter inch longer than the rest which would be about right so may give that one a try. 

What he said... and confirm how long your buffer is and which buffer tube you’re using?