• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

NEW OWNER QUESTIONS

FISH1

You have several choices available. Midwest Industries and Yankee Hill Machine are some of your cheaper options. DPMS, JD Machine and Precision Reflex also have some more expensive items on their menus. VLTOR and JP Rifle have some fancier versions.

First decide which sight you want, then pick a railed gas block to match. There are two different height rails available for a front sight.

I havent fired a two stage trigger like the Geissele before, can you feel the stages?  Their description of it sounds like the first stage at 2 1/2 lbs goes smooth then there is a crisp break for the second 2 lbs and the second stage.  Is there (for lack of a better description) a bump in the trigger that feels like it stops and starts or is it smooth all the way through.  Im looking for a new trigger and havent decided, but th Geissell is a lot less than the others...

I havent fired a two stage trigger like the Geissele before, can you feel the stages? 

Yes, you can feel the two distinct stages, when you slow-fire.  I've shot the Geissele SSA.  2.5lb 1st stage, 2lb 2nd.  It's takes 2.5lbs of pull to come to the end of trigger travel on the 1st stage, and it stops.  Apply an additional 2lbs of pull, and the short second stage breaks right away, with almost no trigger travel.  In a precision fire type of shooting session, you can definitely feel the two different stages. 

If you're in a rapid-fire scenario, that SSA trigger is badass - you won't feel any stages at all, just a very clean, smooth trigger pull, and it's much, much better than a standard combat trigger (run of the mill parts kit trigger). 

I've also got the Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) trigger, which is a single stage trigger.  That thing is a work of art.  Very short trigger travel, 3.5lbs of pull, and super smooth - I think it's even more smooth than the SSA (which just flat rocks).  You can't rapid fire something any faster with another trigger - the S3G is just that good.  I can consistently break shots 0.10 seconds apart, and that's not even with "super serious, burst-a-vein-in-your-forehead" kinda concentration - that's just practice shoots.  With some intense focus, I've had that down to 0.07 seconds between shots. 

End result - with a good two-stage trigger, you'll feel the stages. 

I got my weapon to the range, wow that was fun, however I feel the recoil is a bit much, I will be taking your guys advice to reduce it substantially.

I also took it to WY. on a Antelope hunt, what a great time, 280 yd. one shot kill with it and another just shy of a 100 yd., I will be looking to reduce felt recoil and better optics in the near future.

Just purchase a Bushmaster AR10 ORC. Looking for a recommendation on a scope. Do medium range target shooting, 100-200 yards, but want to reach out to long range. Like the high tech, but little information on them. Limited choices for the AR 10. Price range up to $800, maybe $1,000. Have a AR 4X Leupold on my M&P 15 and like it. Would like enough power to see the hits at 200 yards.  Thank Smitty