• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

If you're not concerned with barrel length you could get an AP4. I hunted with one for years and have two friends who use them for hunting, I now own the .308B. I have seen the AP4 kill two whitetail bucks at 400 & 426 yds with Federal power shock 150 grain. I killed a few whitetail bucks with my AP4, shortest was 80 yds longest was 225, all deer died where they were shot.

yesterday we chronographed the Federal pwr shk 150 out of an AP4 16''(2600 fps 3 sht avg) and my 308B 18''(2655 3 sht avg). My Hornady SST 150 reloads averaged about 5 fps more.

I would say buy whichever one you like the best, I'd be willing to bet you won't be disappointed when you take it hunting.

"What can you expect for accuracy?"

Whoops, almost forgot to address this question.

In my experiences shooting and watching DPMS .308's being shot I'm not afraid to tell you 1'' or less 3 shot group with ammo your rifle likes.

I would also suggest using Federal pwr shk 150 until you find something that will out-shoot it in your rifle. Good luck and happy hunting!

"If you buy one, they will die"  The deer that is...  I personally like heavy barrels so I own a LR308 so thats what I will suggest, but the light barrels are great too, these rifles are lights out accurate!  You will not be disappointed.  Accuracy is awesome and you will be amazed, I would say half moa, and any better than that is your job, really probably under an moa would be...  But these rifles are awesome and you will be proud to own it!  Good luck and let us know what you get!!!