• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Altering armalite lower

Dcra1986

1 hour ago, Dcra1986 said:

I machined an armalite lower receiver and would like to alter it to dpms style, is adding the radius by the buffer tube the only change I need to make?

I don't think that's a good idea. How are you going to make your pivot pin locations work out?

2 hours ago, Dcra1986 said:

I machined an armalite lower receiver and would like to alter it to dpms style, is adding the radius by the buffer tube the only change I need to make?

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section

50 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I don't think that's a good idea. How are you going to make your pivot pin locations work out?

Agreed think there’s an easier solution 

It's not just the selector; it's the whole FCG pocket being shifted here. The distance between the selector hole, hammer pin and trigger pin are all fixed. Moving the selector means moving the whole fire control group, and adjusting the pocket cut to make everything fit and function. If you already have hammer and trigger pin holes drilled; that's not going to work out very well.

Where you'll also run into an issue is with the detent pin location that goes into the selector. There are actually at least a half dozen variations of FCG locations among the DPMS styles and generations. If you get one that's close enough in this department; you might be able to get away with a modified detent pin, or something that works without much modification. But that's still a big "if"...