• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Custom made gas block

OldGregg

So I've been poking around for quite some time now and have come with very little in terms of my search for a gas block that is available for my application. I'm doing a 6.5 creedmoor build I've been searching for and adjustable gas block and what I'm after seems to be unobtainable. I have a 20 inch proof barrel that comes with a .875 diameter, while finding an adjustable block in that size isn't hard the gas blocks that seem to be offered are all operated with a set screw that adjusts with an allen key and I would really like something with a selector switch with a few or more different positions or the ones that are offered in the configuration I want are for a smaller gas block diameter. I've talked to several companies that offer ones like it on their proprietary rifles (NEMO, Savage, etc) and they have told me they are not offered as a solo unit. The paladin machine blocks offered through teppo jutsu seem a bit rough and it looks as though they only come in an on/off selection. I might be asking a lot but is there a custom machine shop that knows firearms parts that anyone could recommend who might commission a custom build? Or maybe even more a pie in the sky request, could I possibly get one of the selector blocks in a smaller diameter and have the adjustable top cut off and fit to a properly sized fitting piece that would fit on barrel? Maybe I have my head in the clouds but I figure you guys will set me straight if I am.