• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.308 Bolt carrier group from ar15hardware.com ?

Armed-RN

Ran across this when I was searching for a BCG and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company and specifically this BCG?  The price is right but I don't know about the quality.  It says it will work with my DPMS (POF/Hogan) build and it's downright cheap in price compared to some of the other BCG's out there.  I've done a few AR15 builds but this is my first .308 and money is flowing like water  :(

The BCG url is  http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/Bolt-Carrier-Group-308-BCG-308.htm

Thanks

Like Imshur says, the DPMS is a known product, disregarding the chrome plating, you can be reasonably certain that it will function for you, the other one may work fine, and if so would be a good deal. The question is, do you want to be the Guinea pig to find out for the rest of us? The first day you take your new build to the range your going to want it to function 100% and if your bargain BCG of unknown origin gives you any trouble that $60 savings isn't going to seem like such a good deal. I'm thinking that's the kind of part you test in a gun that you know to be good and then if it passes the test you get another as a spare. The other question is , would you want to send that bolt to a barrel maker to headspace to your barrel?

I've done a few AR15 builds but this is my first .308 and money is flowing like water  :(

The BCG url is  http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/Bolt-Carrier-Group-308-BCG-308.htm

Thanks

Welcome to the 308 platform, I won't get any cheaper when you start shooting, but I bet any amount of money you have a smile ear to ear.