• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Heading to a gunshow tomorrow (Sat. 3/13)

Ted Bell

Well, I'm heading to a gun show tomorrow morning in Charlotte.  Hoping to find a nice .308 AR at a fair price to get myself for my birthday. I've gathered up all of my "cash stashes" around the house to make up the difference between what my wife is willing to spend on me for my birthday and what it will actually cost.  ::)  Keep your fingers crossed.  I'll report back tomorrow.

if you see somethin that you want be ready to jump on it, I bought mine right out from under another dude cuz he was tryin to be a funny guy and push the price down further than what the guy had already said was firm.  I pulled out my money n handed it to him and when the other guy decided to be serious the gun was already in my hands and my money was already in the sellers 8)

Well, that was a bust.  No AR 308's in any flavor.  Bunches and bunches of .223s, as you would expect.  The crowd was much less than the last show I went to a year ago, and the prices on the .223s is back to normal (most were in the $700 and $800 range).  Looks like the mad rush among the gun buying public is finally over, thankfully.  Now if I could only find a .308...

Well, I didn't even intend to go to the one here, but I stopped in there anyway to look around.  I walked out with a Spike's stripped lower made by Mega Machine, with the "Gator Grip" on the front of the magwell.  I was shocked to even see it there, and it was $91 OTD after paperwork.  I kinda couldn't help it, so I guess that means "I have a problem."  ;D  I have no idea what it'll turn into, but I've been thinking about building a 16" mid-length with Magpul Foliage stuff on it.  That's where I think it's heading. 

post-71-13629726321_thumb.jpg

post-71-136297263212_thumb.jpg