• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision M5E1 Build

PawPaw

This is my latest build.  I started out with the AP Cerakote of the month (forgot which month this was).  I think it is called Burnt Bronze.  

All other AR-308 platform builds were 308's.  This one I went with the 6.5 Creedmoor with 22" Barrel.  I think this was a mistake for me.  I really don't have any place for long range shooting over 300 yards.  Due to my health, it is a pain for me to carry something this heavy.  I have not even shot it and I am already thinking about changing back to a 308 with a shorter barrel.

It has an ATC AR Gold Trigger which I love on other builds.  I also have the JP Silent Buffer system.  I shoot suppressed some...but I put this on AR's even if I am not going to shoot suppressed.

ImbxPNKHTpmQp29b44w3hg.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2.jpeg

IMG_4371.jpg

57 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Sharp rifle brother 👍 hope you get better soon

Thanks!  I have Parkinson’s.  Probably want get better...just hope to slow down progression as much as possible.  One of my drs told me on my last visit to get out and go hunting and if I fell and broke a bone or something he would patch me up.  Ha.  Wife did not think that was too funny.  I was thinking I have a great dr.  

3 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

All we can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other brother. They tell me I'll stop walking because of polio, I ain't waiting to find out.

Getting old isn't for the weak

I’m not complaining!  There are lots of folks that have it much worse than me.  Just thankful to the good Lord for every day he gives me!