• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nikon scopes

ssonb

I tried two other brands of scopes on my Bushmaster ORC, One was a Leapers the other a Tasco, needless to say I was not happy I did a little research and saw a lot of good reports about the Nikon M223. I bought a 2x8x32 with the rapid action turret and the dedicated scope mount and ring unit. This is the first time that after mounting and boresighting the scope that when I fired the first round at 50 yards the bullet printed 1.5'' to the right of the bullseye!!!In the past with many other rifles and scopes I was happy with being around a foot before fine tuning.Yes the scope is set up for the 223 bullet but using the nikon Spot on ballistics program the loads I shoot will drop only 7'' at 500 yards, I probably shake more than that :) At the 2x I can easily keep both eyes open for close in work and have the 8x for longer shots, the glass is very clear with no distortions. As you can tell I am pleased with this optic.

Sorry had to type quick the other day..308 150gr sp at 2700 fps The scopes RAT (rapid action turrets) are set up for a 223 55gr bullet at 3200 fps, with just a 7'' in drop diffiernce at 500yrds,not bad. Most BDC scopes work pretty well out to 500 yards after that the variables stack up .Where I live getting a shot out past 300 yards usualy means you are at a range!

I tried two other brands of scopes on my Bushmaster ORC, One was a Leapers the other a Tasco, needless to say I was not happy I did a little research and saw a lot of good reports about the Nikon M223. I bought a 2x8x32 with the rapid action turret and the dedicated scope mount and ring unit. This is the first time that after mounting and boresighting the scope that when I fired the first round at 50 yards the bullet printed 1.5'' to the right of the bullseye!!!In the past with many other rifles and scopes I was happy with being around a foot before fine tuning.Yes the scope is set up for the 223 bullet but using the nikon Spot on ballistics program the loads I shoot will drop only 7'' at 500 yards, I probably shake more than that :) At the 2x I can easily keep both eyes open for close in work and have the 8x for longer shots, the glass is very clear with no distortions. As you can tell I am pleased with this optic.

Hiya  Yeppers Nikon will get the job done!  I was using spot on software, but got a smartphone (android) and downloaded "shooter"...its just like fte for the  apple phones a true ballistic calculator for ten bucks....its awesome!

<thumbsup>  Wash