• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I am feeling a little discriminated against

So I was was on lne at Natchez web site and I was fixin to order me a new XLT Bone Collector with Burris rings. So I am filling out the order form and get to where I put in my state. Well GA is not there, so I call and they tell me I can not buy from them. That they have a hand shake agreement with all the dealers in the states of TN, GA , and AL to NOT sell to the public. Natchez is about 20 miles from me and I really feel like going up there and raising some hell over this. The only reason I was ordering from them is cause they was offering a free spotting scope with the XLT.

What you're seeing is a "Non-Compete Agreement."  Common in many different retail vs. online business ventures, but the first one I've seen in the firearms realm.  If that wasn't in place, NSS would end up shutting down many of the smaller independent businesses nearby. 

Sucks for ya, I hear it, but another way to look at it is this: if that wasn't in place, you wouldn't have many small places nearby, when you need them. 

<dontknow>

What you're seeing is a "Non-Compete Agreement."  Common in many different retail vs. on line business ventures, but the first one I've seen in the firearms realm.  If that wasn't in place, NSS would end up shutting down many of the smaller independent businesses nearby. 

Sucks for ya, I hear it, but another way to look at it is this: if that wasn't in place, you wouldn't have many small places nearby, when you need them. 

<dontknow>

I see your point , but I also disagree. Around here we have some real dumb ass people who would be very will to over pay to go get what they want " I call it the Now Factor ". I for one do not mind going to get something from the local shops if it is going to be a good deal or if I really need it Now. I talked to a local dealer who I know well and he did not even know that NSS or around here know as Chattanooga Shooters Supply had this agreement in place and he has been in business for 40 years. I just can not see a justifiable cause for theagreement that they have in place. Even though your point is a clear one, the general population would still buy firearm items from the local shops.

Might be a situation where NSS kinda imposed it upon themselves, once they hit the bigtime in shooting sports.  They decided, themselves, that they wouldn't sell to neighboring states - so they don't have to fend off the "collective" smaller shops, should those shops go under because of them.  I don't know brother, but I can't think of any other reasons than I've already come up with.  <dontknow>  Getting the word straight from NSS would be the best way to put this to bed. 

Also - your sample was one.  You talked to one local dealer about it.  With a true Non-Compete in place, not every single business needs to be involved - just the bigger independent businesses in the immediate vicinity.  Just because one dealer doesn't know about it doesn't mean it's not in place - it means that single local business wasn't included in the decision making process prior to implementing it.  Don't know what to tell you, brother - something like that is definitely in place, though.