• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bog deathgrip

klw22001

I have been using this for a while.  Today I had an ar10 out and after 150 or so rounds I noticed that while the front free floating handguard was still FIRMLY in the things grip the gun has slid backwards.  So the thing was solidly holding onto the gun BUT only that particular part of the gun.  I can easily fix this, of course, and did but is there anyway around this problem?  I have also noticed that on some guns the point of aim or the group size change each time the gun is chucked up.

On a gun like the Ruger 450 Bushmaster or a Savage 338 Federal this thing REALLY reduced the felt recoil but here again the gun will slip back even though the handgun is still snugly held in place.

On really light guns like the Winchester Wildcat you can only use this thing as, basically, a shelf because here tightening this thing up moves and enlarges groups.

As best as I can tell you have to figure out what works with each and every rifle.  Also mark the rifle somehow so you always attach this thing at exactly the same spot.  On a chassis rifle you can really tighten it down hard and it works beautifully.  My 338 Lapua, for instance, can be really clamped down hard with no adverse affects.  Also it almost completely eliminates recoil.  But on everything else it is certainly a learning experience.

16 hours ago, klw22001 said:

Alas it is easy to figure out which way it was meant to set up and, perhaps unfortunately, I am doing that correctly.

Cool - then just answer the question, and remove the doubt. 

Post your info.