• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SWFA/Bobro scope mount review

98Z5V

Upon looking at this mount & I have not had one in my hand , so I have to go by what I see . My concern is all the fasteners on the mount , I have learned from working on many scope mounts , that the less nuts,bolts ,rivets or what ever attaches something to something the better it will withstand repeated recoil impulses or abuse. 

I see the QR mount is attached with two bolts to the scope base ( probably for assembly of the QR feature ). The rings are attached with two each , not sure if rivets or some kind of bolts , to the scope base. To me , thats far too many attachment points that can move or loosen . If you look at some other mount/base/ring , scope mounts , they are truly , one piece mount , machined as one piece , with nothing bolted ,screwed on or riveted, only the top scope ring caps .

That is a nifty way of locking the QR featured mounting system. Just my opinion by looking at the photo's .

• 2 weeks later...