• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Today is THAT Rainy Day !

MikedaddyH

Well ... I found a box of Lead 200gr 10/40 projectiles a week ago. Then picked up a couple pounds of powder this weekend. So I am loading Lead again. 

Gallant Total Polymer Jacket Bullets out of SLC, UT. Veteran owned an operated business ! They load solidly, better than coated or lubed bullets. Pretty uniform in size~lenght.

First batch, I'm using Longshot ~ 8.3gr with Fed GM150M primers. 30 done so far. 

IMG_20210124_113130.jpg

What's your estimated velocity with that load? I know your penchant for loading hot and lead bullets don't do good at 1200+ fps no mater what kind of coating they have. I can hit at 1200 with my 44 mag cast lead bullets but not much more. Those are cast with straight wheel weight lead and the have gas checks. The gas checks are what let me get away with the 1200 fps, it damn sure isn't the tire weight alloy!

I checked out his website, I think I just found my new source for cast bullets! Thanks Mike!

4 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

What's your estimated velocity with that load? I know your penchant for loading hot and lead bullets don't do good at 1200+ fps no mater what kind of coating they have. I can hit at 1200 with my 44 mag cast lead bullets but not much more. Those are cast with straight wheel weight lead and the have gas checks. The gas checks are what let me get away with the 1200 fps, it damn sure isn't the tire weight alloy!

I checked out his website, I think I just found my new source for cast bullets! Thanks Mike!

Trying to slide in between 1125 and 1150 fps.  I really like the coating on these lead bullets. They seat well with just a little lead coming off on some of the bullets. This will be my go to source for lead bullets from now on.

Just now, MikedaddyH said:

Trying to slide in between 1125 and 1150 fps.  I really like the coating on these lead bullets. They seat well with just a little lead coming off on some of the bullets. This will be my go to source for lead bullets from now on.

Sounds like a pretty good load for 10mm, not you usual insane schit!:lmao:

Let me know how your bore holds up with these bullets at that velocity. Right now I'm looking at getting bullets to load for my 38 Super and that is probably just a little faster than I'll be loading for the Super.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

Let me know how your bore holds up with these bullets at that velocity. Right now I'm looking at getting bullets to load for my 38 Super and that is probably just a little faster than I'll be loading for the Super.:thumbup:

I have some brass for that gun , I will get it to you.

On 1/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, 392heminut said:

Will be shot through a  Lone Wolf stainless steel barrel. It should be ok !

On 1/26/2021 at 4:09 PM, 392heminut said:

I'm sure the barrel will be okay, I want to know if you have any leading issues with those bullets at that velocity.

Thinking about going next weekend. Leg hurts too much today.

Made up some 40s&w rounds that are a little hotter 🔥🥵🙉🤯! Will run those through the G24. 200gr at or around 1175fps. If the G20 is a Tank then the G24 is a Howlitzer. Will post info on lead build up.

• 8 months later...