• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 help please

Dippin Dave

I just bought a pile of ar parts from a friend of mine lose stuff he had layin around. Among those parts was a 80% 308 style lower he bought at a gunshow 2 years ago. I have built several ar15s but havent moved up to its big brother yet. So i got home and got lower milled out and then sprayed it with alumihyde. The problem comes in once i tryed put bolt catch in. And you will see what i mean in pics. Bolt catch slot has an extra cutout connected to it with a threaded hole that goes threw to the magwell. I cant find out anything about it any where. It doesnt have a hole for the regular roll pin to hold bolt catch in either. One of my brothers on another forum said in early days of 80% lowers companies where doing all sorts of things to make theres different and thinks he remembers something about a screw in tab that holds the bolt catch and told me to come post on here and maybe find my answer. Id really like to build this gun but if i cant find the parts or even know what parts to look for it makes it hard. I dont know company who made lower either which i know doesnt help. And the bolt catch in pics is just laying in slot to show better the cutout beside it with threaded hole in center.

20210211_184321.jpg

20210212_000705.jpg

20210212_000756.jpg

20210212_000948.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's Cristmas Eve, and I'm feeling Grinch-ish.  Let's get this moved out of this section, that is for information, and get this guy's QUESTION moved to the build section, of something - it doesn't belong here, in this section.