• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I'm guessing I should probably "pull the trigger"

Ted Bell

After holding the DPMS and the RRA during a trip to my old gun shop in Alabama, I'm pretty sure I want a RRA.  Living in rural western NC, no big gunshops around (mostly pawn & guns) and none that carry any of the 308 ARs.  So it's looking like my only avenue is an online purchase, and it appears that some of the RRA listings on Gunbroker beat the online retailers.  So should I just go ahead and order one already?  I think my only hesitation is that I've only been able to handle the RRA one time, and only for a couple of minutes.  I'd sure feel more comfortable dropping the money if I could get a second look/feel to confirm my memory of my first look/feel.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't done it yet.  Was about to bid on one on Gunbroker and realized it had just been bought.  There are only one or two others on gunbroker and they are $100-$150 more than the one I was originally going to get.  Arrgh.  Heading back to Alabama this weekend - will pick up the RRA I looked at the other month if it's still there, but doubt it is. 

Matt- no ranges near me that I know of.  My inlaws have 180 acres that we shoot on.  Down side is he prefers shooting at stuff though - plastic balls, toys, etc.  I prefer paper.