• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Strike Industries Ultimate Dust Cover, fits AR10?

HammerDown

The dust cover rod on my AR10 receiver is too long and interferes with my handguard and barrel nut. One option is to replace the dust cover with this Strike Industries unit:

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-udc-308.html

Does anyone have experience with fitting the Strike Ultimate Dust Cover to an Armalite AR10 receiver? It seems compatibility may be an issue.

9 hours ago, HammerDown said:

The dust cover rod on my AR10 receiver is too long and interferes with my handguard and barrel nut. One option is to replace the dust cover with this Strike Industries unit:

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-udc-308.html

Does anyone have experience with fitting the Strike Ultimate Dust Cover to an Armalite AR10 receiver? It seems compatibility may be an issue.

Exactly which AR-10 model? The 10T and maybe others had an extra long pin so the handguard would retain it. Did it have the little C clip on it?

Yes, the SI piece will work.  I have one on one of the large-frames, might be the LFA set, and if it's not that, it's on an Aero M5 set.  Shouldn't matter, because the DPMS LR-308 and Armalite AR-10 patterns use the exact same ejection port door dimensions and parts.  Except for what Jim is talking about, above ^^^

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Exactly which AR-10 model? The 10T and maybe others had an extra long pin so the handguard would retain it. Did it have the little C clip on it?

It is an AR10-T. It does have the extra long rod but no C-clip. I can cut the rod so the new railed handguard captures it.

A559AF36-224B-4F1A-84D7-834E0D9F8AF2.heic

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It'll work.  If it sucks, and doesn't work, I'll buy if from you for what you paid, plus shipping to me.  No-Lose on your side. 

Thanks for your help during this project. I run the SI Ultimate Dust Covers on my AR15 builds without issue but the AR10 is another animal. I’ll order one for the AR10. She’s all back together with the Diamondback handguard you suggested. I cut back the barrel to 22” and threaded it for a brake. It’s still a beast of a rifle. 

FA41EC33-F67A-41E2-AD66-52734B94C55D.jpeg