• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stag lefty .308

Czgunner

I have an 18" lefty .308 upper coming from Stag. Plan on Building one of their blem lowers to finish it.

While I love my PWS MK216, I get so much gas to face during suppressed shooting that I don't like shooting it.

Anybody have much trigger time on the "new" Stag .308 rifles? More specifically the lefty version?

Stag emailed and said I should get the correct upper on Monday. Hope so! Got a Raptor charging handle coming from Joe Bobs. They were the cheapest with the military discount, and it was actually in stock.

The upper was actually a great deal: buy any upper and get a free BCG.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, unforgiven said:

https://www.griffinarmament.com/sn-ach-suppressor-normalized-ambi-configurable-handle/ I use these on M5 and AR 15 without issue. Magazine gets sooty, gas has to go somewhere but that's it. Just my 2 mags. Have fun brother 🍺🍺

Just to let you know, I was looking at one today and apparently it vents the gas to the right side...into a Lefty's face. Thanks for looking out though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got it out to shoot yesterday. Had a great time. Haven't been to the range since I moved to WY in Aug.

Shooting that crap demilled headstamp euro 7.62x51. My dad gave me a bag of it some time ago. Quite a few corroded. For the most part it shot ok. Maybe 2-2.5" groups. Had a few failure to return to battery. I think due to the burr left from machining the headstamp. Got my riflespeed gas block adjusted. Love that gasblock.

Banging steel at 300 was beyond easy.