• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

JP 308 BCG pin package???

Czgunner

1 hour ago, Czgunner said:

Thanks for the info.

The round part faces the breech?

Well, it has kind of a rectangle head..two rounded corner sides and the flats.  The firing pin goes through it, so it will only assemble one way.  When I took my bolt carrier apart to do the Headspace check the first time, I tried to put it back in the same orientation... but I think the cam pin is perfectly symmetrical so it doesn’t matter if you flip it 180 degrees.

You’ll see when you tear apart your existing carrier.  AR-10 armalite bolts/carriers/parts might be different, I’ve never messed with non-dpms stuff.

Edited by DustBuster

33 minutes ago, DustBuster said:

but I think the cam pin is perfectly symmetrical so it doesn’t matter if you flip it 180 degrees.

I've never seen the difference myself but I have heard from knowledgeable people that it does matter down the road. You want the cam pin back in the same way, something to do with a consistent wear pattern, said parts last longer. I first heard of it is when getting a BCG that had an arrow on the cam pin. I thought I was being smart by flipping them to get even wear, go figure.