• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ohio gun hunt

survivalshop

I just got back from Ohio for gun week & it was not a normal gun week . It rained non stop for four days,three of them being the first days of the gun season ,at the end of the of the third day when it stopped  , I saw my first Deer & shot it in some thickets . Small buck ,but meat for the table .

Opening day saw an almost 50% drop from last years kill & the week ended with a 39% drop from last years .I normally see 9-15 deer on opening day ,but I'm sure the weather had some ting to do with it , because no one wanted to go out in it (well at least the real hunters went out ALL day every day ).

Got colder on Thursday , but still no Deer . I drew a bead on another buck on Friday morning with my 44 , but buck tag already filled so that was it .

We had one guy in camp that was shooting daily , but only shot up a bunch of trees & did good at center punching them though . He was using my spare 1100 & shot good at the range ,but there are no trees on the range ,LOL.

All in all , it sucked for a gun week , but you have to take the good with the bad , its the way it is . At least I came home with meat .

One thing I can say was my rain gear worked flawlessly , every one else got wet every day, I was the only one that came back at night dry. I bought a TRUE SPEC ECWCS parka , I was told it was made in Indonesia , but found it was made in China . It worked for three days when all the other name brand ones failed , so that's enough for me . I plan on getting the pants to match , my heavy vinyl ones are getting holes in them from the briar's.

• 1 month later...