• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 28 May 2022

98Z5V

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll pull my mag-round count and get it in here.  I was on fire for the first 4 stages... 

1 hour ago, JBMatt said:

@98Z5V had a great match.  It was super cool to watch.  He was absolutely punishing targets.  Shooting on par with the top guys that always place at or near the top.  He was gettin it done and he totally shot better than me this time.  At the pace he was going he would have easily cleaned the match.  I took 79 shots to hit 46 targets.  That's actually kind of a lot for me.  I didn't feel my shot to hit ratio was stellar, at all.  I maybe had one stage that was as good as Tom shot all day.  He had something figured out.  I had one stage where I hit my last target about a half second before the buzzer.  Dropped my mag and there was 1 left.  It took me 18 rounds to hit 8 targets.  I used all the time and damn near all the bullets. :laffs: Tom had so many first shot impacts that I bet he didn't shoot 60 rounds total.  But just one hitch in your giddy up is all it takes sometimes. 

P.S.

The official results says I beat him though. :banana: :fullauto:                       

This is Kim.... His pregame did him well.. The booty play got him all fired up... PREGAME RULES!! he just let that coyote get in his head and dang turkey.

Ran a round-count per stage finally, just to see what happened.  I'm happy with it.

48-target course.  43 rounds remaining, 57 rounds expended on 48 targets.  I got to shoot at 47 targets.  For the record, I hit that fucking coyote, pulled the trigger right after the buzzer.  You're allowed up to 0.30 seconds after the beep, and it counts.  My shot was a 90.55 seconds - @JBMatt specifically asked them what my last-shot time was - I didn't make the +0.30 buffer, but he was looking out for me...  :hail:

We shoot 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, so that's the way my mags are organized in the mag pouch.  Stg 4 was 10 targets, 9 rounds remaining. Threw one away somewhere.  Stg 5 was 8 targets, 12 rounds remaining - got out of that one as clean as possible.  Stg 1 was 12 targets, 6 rounds remaining.  I knew the 2 I missed, when I missed them, and followed up right away with hits.  Stg 2 was 10 targets, 7 rounds remaining.  On this stage, I didn't hear the spotters telling me I hit the 3rd target, after moving to the new position.  I shot that bastard multiple times...  HE is the one that needed to be REALLY DEAD...  :laffs:

So, I cleaned all those stages, and round-count was low.  Barely threw any away.  I timed out on the TIMED STAGE, Stage 3, which is the most important stage to clean, and I didn't.  8 possible targets, I hit 6 (7, but not in time), 9 rounds remaining. So, 11 shots went out, 7 hits, only 6 hits counted in the 90-second time limit.  By far, I fucked up that stage badly.  Oh well, there's always next month...   :thumbup:

IMG_0840.JPG.20d00e730f38979db9a433911279ce33.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Stg 5 was 8 targets, 12 rounds remaining - got out of that one as clean as possible.

That's the stage I took 89.5 seconds and 18 rounds to hit those 8 targets...  SMH

I made that shite look difficult!

3 hours ago, JBMatt said:

That's the stage I took 89.5 seconds and 18 rounds to hit those 8 targets...  SMH

I made that shite look difficult!

We all have our roles, brother...   After you shot it, I was up next, and those people were skeered when they saw what you had to do.  I had to show them that it really wasn't that bad...   :laffs:

I'm not sure if you're the Yin and I'm the Yang, but we work well together...   :lmao::thumbup:

File:Yin yang.svg - Wikimedia Commons