• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 28 May 2022

98Z5V

Yep, here I am, blabbing off at the mouth, 2 days prior...   But, they finally sent us the match stages 2 days prior!  Again!  That just means that the dudes with range memberships will be out there "practicing" the stages on Friday - before the match.  Oh well. 

We're in a Stacked-Ass Squad again!  Damn, do we have some amazing shooters that like to beat us up in Sqd 4!  I take that two ways - #1, we're fun to hang out with, and #2 - we don't slouch, and will fuk you up if you slip up...   :laffs:

This is usually a post-shoot writeup, but they gave us the info earlier this time, other than Friday night at 10pm, when you need to print all the stage info and make your dope corrections, and run out in the morning - and try to kick @JBMatt's ass.  Oh, I've been coming close, nipping at his heels - he feels the heat.  Last month, if that 250 3" and 4" targets hadn't fucked me up, he'd a been a VICTIM...   :hornet:  He was GLAD I missed those, on my last stage, and he came running up after I shot and said, "You know what this means, right?  We TIED." 

Uh huh - I was one "smack" away from kicking your ass again, brother...   :lmao:

Here's what we need to do this month...

652962926_ARMatchMay2022Stg1.thumb.png.e561436be069b35c94d9d4d304bc6ef9.png

1506347317_ARMatchMay2022Stg2.thumb.png.7a8e0646e4717d5869ecb0b79b7cf473.png

267048012_ARMatchMay2022Stg3.thumb.png.d7a2fe3869a960505aaae6dfaabc0843.png

161734037_ARMatchMay2022Stg4.thumb.png.0a13213d605217350ac0236fdfd763b2.png

2012993824_ARMatchMay2022Stg5.thumb.png.331fa4d9a6422045073c53c448aaf19a.png

Click 'em a few times, and they get big enough to read.  Click away.

@JBMatt, I'm an inch off your ass and closing...  and you know it.  Don't fuk it up, brother...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

Well boys, I gotta give it to the old man, Tom-ass. @98Z5V This fukkin dickhead was shooting absolutely unconscious today. He was en fuego! This shitbag cleaned the first 4 of 5 stages with mostly one shot hits. Probably only missed 4-6 shots in the first 40 targets. Maybe he was just trying to conserve ammo, but it was absolutely impressive and a joy to watch to say the least. An absolute machine and something to take note of and aspire to. I gotta say, I thought today was gonna be his day to be a hero. But alas, that damn Coyote eluded his cross hairs... Timed out with 2 targets left on the last stage of an otherwise perfect score. Oh no, you suck again! :laffs:

Damn fine shooting today, buddy. You can be my wingman anytime. 😉

P.S.

We both ended up with 46/48 on the day.  I missed 2 on our 3rd stage and @98Z5V just couldn't seem to get her pants off at the end of the dance...  :banana:

Edited by JBMatt

On 5/28/2022 at 4:27 PM, JBMatt said:

Well boys, I gotta give it to the old man, Tom-ass. @98Z5V This fukkin dickhead was shooting absolutely unconscious today. He was en fuego! This shitbag cleaned the first 4 of 5 stages with mostly one shot hits. Probably only missed 4-6 shots in the first 40 targets. Maybe he was just trying to conserve ammo, but it was absolutely impressive and a joy to watch to say the least. An absolute machine and something to take note of and aspire to. I gotta say, I thought today was gonna be his day to be a hero. But alas, that damn Coyote eluded his cross hairs... Timed out with 2 targets left on the last stage of an otherwise perfect score. Oh no, you suck again! :laffs:

Damn fine shooting today, buddy. You can be my wingman anytime. 😉

P.S.

We both ended up with 46/48 on the day.  I missed 2 on our 3rd stage and @98Z5V just couldn't seem to get her pants off at the end of the dance...  :banana:

Sounds like you both gave 'em hell! I'm going to have to stop giving him free advice or he'll become unstoppable....

Thank ya @JBMatt!!!   What a damn good day - we BOTH crushed it.  I was a Zombie for the first 4 stages - no thought, just move, acquire target, shoot, move to the next target.  I'll get a round count after bit.  I didn't miss very many at all, and I shot that poor fucker down in the wash bend FOUR TIMES...  :lmao: I figured he needed extra attention anyway.   :laffs:

THAT FUCKING COYOTE!!!   :thefinger:

We start in Sqd 4, so on Stage 4.  Then shot 5, 1, 2, 3.   Stage 3 was our last stage, but also the Timed Tie-Breaker.  Here's how they said the Coyote was positioned in the shoot instructions...

947886931_Coyote1.thumb.png.a193cd8367ab77fd2509fdee4f4ecd73.png

HERE is how that little BASTARD was out on the ground - HUGE swing in target acquisition, throughout this stage.  I lost the little fucker coyote with the magnification.  I rolled magnification back to find him, rolled up to shoot him - and it cost me a huge amount of time on that stage - and I timed out...

1380278967_Coyote2.thumb.png.9181562c019dd1f06489234109cd8fdb.png

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I lost the little fucker coyote with the magnification.  I rolled magnification back to find him, rolled up to shoot him - and it cost me a huge amount of time on that stage - and I timed out...

The suspense was killing me, watching you shoot that final stage.  You had just watched me clean it, so we both knew it was possible.  I knew I had dropped 1 or 2 on the day, but I couldn't remember exactly how many at the time.  But, I did know you were clean.  Your first 6 shots/targets were MONEY.  First shot, center hits.  Steam rolling your way right through them.  You had been throttling targets all day.  Aaaaaaaaand then the wheels fell off...  The Kryptonite Coyote struck again.  It wasn't a crash and burn by any means, just a technique error.  I had a minor mistake earlier that cost me 2 targets, but that's just how my day was going.  On one hand I didn't want you to beat me, but on the other I was super excited for you to clean the match.  It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  :fullauto:

But now you got a taste of it and know what effort it takes to get to that spot.  We'll try again next month!

17 minutes ago, DNP said:

Great pics and great story. Sounds like you’re still right on his ass 98. How did the scores break it down between the two of you?  Hopefully I didn’t miss that above…sorry if it’s been stated. 

We both went 46/48 on the day.  I had a faster time on the timed stage, which is the stage that he dropped his 2 targets.  I was 21st and he was 22nd.

That sum bitch is nippin on my heels 2 matches in a row.  I'm starting to get a bit nervous.  :laffs:

33 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

We both went 46/48 on the day.  I had a faster time on the timed stage, which is the stage that he dropped his 2 targets.  I was 21st and he was 22nd.

That sum bitch is nippin on my heels 2 matches in a row.  I'm starting to get a bit nervous.  :laffs:

You might actually have to start trying.

@98Z5V had a great match.  It was super cool to watch.  He was absolutely punishing targets.  Shooting on par with the top guys that always place at or near the top.  He was gettin it done and he totally shot better than me this time.  At the pace he was going he would have easily cleaned the match.  I took 79 shots to hit 46 targets.  That's actually kind of a lot for me.  I didn't feel my shot to hit ratio was stellar, at all.  I maybe had one stage that was as good as Tom shot all day.  He had something figured out.  I had one stage where I hit my last target about a half second before the buzzer.  Dropped my mag and there was 1 left.  It took me 18 rounds to hit 8 targets.  I used all the time and damn near all the bullets. :laffs: Tom had so many first shot impacts that I bet he didn't shoot 60 rounds total.  But just one hitch in your giddy up is all it takes sometimes. 

P.S.

The official results says I beat him though. :banana: :fullauto:                       

Edited by JBMatt

3 hours ago, JBMatt said:

@98Z5V  

Where's that F#@!*n Coyote!?!?!?!?!?

I actually said that, too, no kidding...   :laffs:  On the position before that, I hit the two, smacked the coyote, then shot the wrong target when I swung to that fatass turkey - HIT THE HELL out of that blue target about 15 yards to THE RIGHT OF THE TURKEY, and as soon as that thing was swinging, I called "WRONG TARGET, WHERE'S THAT FUCKING TURKEY?!!?"...  :lmao:

If they're gonna run an animal stage again, they better bring back "2 small sharks..."   That's gonna just COMPLETE it for me...   :thefinger: