• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Video of death - is it worth it

MaDuce

Hello guys.

Something has been on my mind lately and has led me to some consideration.

in the summer of 2005, I drowned from influenza induced pneumonia and still have a very good, though imperfect memory of the experience. I actually modeled a death in a book I am writing after it, where I described with limited detail at least what it feels like, but I recently noticed that there aren't any good videos out there produced by those who actually experienced death that show what it LOOKS like.

Although it ended with going completely blank (just like when under anesthesia) leading up to it consisted of allot of the things people describe, including but not limited to the light at the end of the tunnel and MAYBE what some think of as out of body experiences (seamed more to me like a mixture of imagination and weird emotions.

Anyway, I am thinking about making a video that shows what I experienced to give others some insight as to what all this stuff people keep hearing about actually looks like. The problem is that it's going to have to be a frame by frame video and could last a good 20-30 seconds, which translates in to ALLOT of editing, possibly a good 20-30 hours. Allot of time spent on something people may not care too much about.

So, do you guys think it's really worth it?

I've considered that and that's actually the main thing on my mind right now with regards to making such video.

On top of that, being objective about death is a good way to get religious folks as well as atheists to team up on you, and I get the impression that I will have a very hard time getting this video up and any kind of accuracy to the impression without getting in to my objective outlook on the matter.

What do you see...What I saw when I was 14 was one minute I was with my bro going to find out what these guys from the westside were doing in our hood,then one of them pulls out a gun and starts shooting.We scramble the shooting starts.He keys on me I could feel the rounds fly next to me 4 or 5 I hit the dirt,dirt kicking up next to me.They jump in their car and leave I'm looking for Caesar,about 50 ft. he's on the ground bleeding,bleeding from his mouth trying to say something.I don't know poop about first aid,then quiet hes gone.My father because of Parkinson's and dementia said a few words releases his bowels and is gone.My father in law in the end laying their like he asleep for 3 days then came his last breath.The mother in law in the last days of dementia draws her last deep breath and shes gone.No big fanfare no big commotion.Then the friends and godfather who committed suicide with a bullet to the head,so heartless to leave the family to deal with the mess, the hurt left behind is immeasurable.The end that came to so many of my wife's patients in the end.I still wonder why I'm alive and my bro is dead,I could almost taste the bullets as they flew by.What do you see...after that last breath has been drawn ...nothing,there is nothing to see.You become the shell that you, we are.Gone but not forgotten on to the next adventure,hoping like I am, to see those that have gone before me,hoping to be forgivin for the life that I once led,....Live in hope die in despair.Ponder this brother Maduce if you die in your sleep how do you know your dead?

When I died, I just shut down and there was nothing.

When I was 6 years old, I had to go under anesthesia to have an ingrown tooth removed. Actually dieing was a very similar experience. Under anesthesia, you just fade out over maybe 3-5 seconds. When I drowned, there were all those other things I mentioned, but the very end is exactly the same as anesthesia. At the end of it, your emotions themselves just shut down and about 3 seconds later, you're completely out, just as if you were under anesthesia.

Whether or not that means there is an afterlife, I don't know. There was a woman who was deliberately brought to clinical death for a full hour and closely monitored throughout the operation. She described exactly what I experienced but also went on to say that afterwords she turned back on and was then out of her body. Given the circumstances, I couldn't have been dead for more then a minute at the most, so there seams to be a potential for a spiritual event that happens if you're dead long enough, which I wasn't. That's why I call the "out of body" experience a big "maybe".

Regarding death of loved ones, I've had more then 30 people die on me. I hate to admit it but it's something you eventually get use to if you see enough of it.

Everyone is either going to die on you or you are going to die on them. One of the two WILL happen eventually. Just make the best of the time you have with one another. Those you love most really can be gone tomorrow. That's a lesson I've had to learn the hard way.

My brother and I are not close and I have allot of animosity towards him. So I will never know your pain and do not pretend to. I sure do hope I didn't open up any old wounds. I'm sorry if I did.

Brother Maduce aside from the wife I am with now 30 yrs.and my bro in Henderson I don't let anyone in.I didn't want my kindness to be mistaken for weakness,and felt it better to be feared than loved.You and the men here are different and don't judge and I thank you for that,to be able to bear my soul...I think after all these years I'm long over due thanks for letting me open up a little.A couple of things my wife has taught me are compassion for others,and letting go of hate and animosity because it will eat you up.It will and has done that to me,I just try to be a little better everyday and bask in the love of my family and the few friends that I have.You guys included.