• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FREE! Shell deflector pads

MaDuce

Only a half a dozen or so available. Limit is 1 per person. I'll give out some seconds if the demand disappears before the supply.

These are basically rubber bumpers I've made that fit over the shell deflector to prevent finish damage. They also look cool. I haven't had a chance to test their efficiency yet but they don't disrupt the action and they're free. Only available for the receiver pattern shown in the picture.

shellpad.jpg

Awesome, got it yesterday or the day before. Thank you. Looks good. I have an old a2 upper that has seen over 10k of steel case in its life, it has a good area eaten away on the deflector. Not sure if it hurts anything or not but why not add some protection to the 308 this time around. Still not sure yet if the 308 will ever see steel case, but maybe.

Once again thanks.

Cool.

My friend took my AR-15 out today and put about 20 rounds through it. No signs of brass making contact with the shell deflector at all (usually leaves a gold mark) so it seams to work. My AR-15s upper receiver is a Vltor MUR which has a very similar shell deflector to this version of the .308 AR, so what worked for it should work for the .308.

A quick heads up. When you stick them on, make sure they are completely flat. Put them a few mm in from the very tip. The thickness of the sticker should stop the brass before it reaches the tip. If you let it go all the way to the very tip, you not only leave the tip of it prone to come loose off the curve but also run the risk of pealing it clean off when you bump something.

bumperl.jpg

TNP, you IMed me while I was away. I only recently got back and am waiting for a friend to come over. As soon as I am done with him I will put yours in the mail. Since you and Timing are the only ones who requested them, I will send you two stickers as I did Timing.

I still have a couple more per-stamped envelopes that I put together entirely for this and I made some extra bumpers.

Order soon or Timing and TNP might get some seconds. Remember that these are free and all my expenses are already paid.

A family emergency came up and I have to leave for a bit. Could be over night, could be 2 weeks. Most likely till later this week.

IM me your address Mrraley and I'll ship to you when I get back.

I'm bringing my laptop, so I'll be able to keep you posted on timing.

TNP, yours is on it's way.

TNP, you IMed me while I was away. I only recently got back and am waiting for a friend to come over. As soon as I am done with him I will put yours in the mail. Since you and Timing are the only ones who requested them, I will send you two stickers as I did Timing.

Thanks. I will try one on my Bushmaster AR 308 and Smith & Wesson M&P 15 AR.

I don't think it'll fit the S&W MP-15. This was cut to fit the flat surfaced shell deflectors on the .308 uppers. My friend has a standard AR-15 upper that I made one for. Very different cutting job. Also, because it's a curved shell deflector, getting it to stick is a process.

The .308 shell deflector stickers are similar to the one on my Vltor MUR upper receiver on my AR-15 so I can say with moderate confidence that you should be able to re-cut a .308 pad to fit it but I can speak for no other specialty AR-15 receivers.

• 2 weeks later...