• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Self Defense/Home Defense AR Trigger

98Z5V

Don't know where it came up, but it was another thread, routine coversation, but home defense guns was either A topic, or THE topic - can't remember. 

I answered that my home defense gun was 5.56, 14.5" barrel (used to that length, from days of old, and I can work it).  I answered that my trigger was the Geissele Super 3 Gun trigger, and someone asked why that trigger.  Home defense is a different game.  It's not combat, you don't pick it - you don't pick the time.  It's your home, but it's not on your timeline.    Otherwise, just light them up with an M-240 and be done with it, if you know it's coming.  Kinda like military shiit, it's an ambush - on you and your personal property.

That's very personal... 

Home invasions have been on the rise for over a decade - more and more, in less-likely places than you'd think.  Suburbs, small towns, etc.  You never know - we never know - when it might happen...  to us.

My answer is a trigger that works in an environment such as that.  Geissele Super 3 Gun, or one of it's derivitives (there are a few now).

Here's the description of the Super 3 Gun, right off the Geissele website, and why it fits the bill, to a T...

The S3G trigger has a very short, light pull and reset. We do not recommend it for duty use, bench rest, accuracy work or shooting small groups. It is designed for close course competition use where rapid target engagement with quick follow up shots are required.

BOOM  SHAKALAKA,

Had to include Pastor Manning in there, just because of the BOOM SHAKALAKA.  :hail:

If you want to defend your home against - whatever comes your way - hopefully it's NOT a home invasion...  but it may be...  IMHO this is the best trigger for you, for that purpose.

very short, light pull and reset. use where rapid target engagement with quick follow up shots are required.

Well, done deal - that's ALL ABOUT some home defense, right there, is it not?

So, at any rate, that's my pick.  Let's discuss.  What do you guys want in a HD trigger?  HD = Home Defense.  My G S3G is staying.  Right where it is. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Don't know if you can see it in this pic, but this Super 3 Gun has some wear on it.  This trigger is from 2010.  The FDE MagPul MIAD grip is so dirty, it looks gross.  I won't clean it, though. 

IMG_0907.thumb.JPG.0c70a4c3a4eee20e3a6eb3e4fddc73a0.JPG