• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Silencer Central

shepp

As some of you may know I bought a multi cal rifle and pistol can from silencer central a while back. I got the banish 30 gold and the banish 45. The 30 does from 22 up to .300 RUM and the 45 does 22-45acp. I’m really enjoying the cans and the company was great! They’re the only company that can mail directly to your door, they set up a free trust for you, I did my own finger prints and photo (then they file all that for future purchases). The only process that was a pain in the ass was the ATF end aka “the wait”, but now I hear with the electronic file it’s down to about 120 days (I went 13-14 months). One of the other cool things about the company is you can pay “while you wait” they break up the total over like 3-4 months which iirc was an auto pay. 

and if I missed anything, this podcast is with the CEO on how he got started and how the company operates. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2023 at 8:53 AM, shepp said:

As some of you may know I bought a multi cal rifle and pistol can from silencer central a while back. I got the banish 30 gold and the banish 45. The 30 does from 22 up to .300 RUM and the 45 does 22-45acp. I’m really enjoying the cans and the company was great! They’re the only company that can mail directly to your door, they set up a free trust for you, I did my own finger prints and photo (then they file all that for future purchases). The only process that was a pain in the ass was the ATF end aka “the wait”, but now I hear with the electronic file it’s down to about 120 days (I went 13-14 months). One of the other cool things about the company is you can pay “while you wait” they break up the total over like 3-4 months which iirc was an auto pay. 

and if I missed anything, this podcast is with the CEO on how he got started and how the company operates. 

Damn I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I posted this. 

anyways in the pod he mentions using CLR to clean baffles. I finally remembered to get some and cleaned mine today from the fall shoot. I’m very impressed. Soaked them in a stainless bowl and almost instantly you can see the carbon coming off. Pulled each baffle out wiped with a paper towel set aside then wiped everything down with a thin coat of @JBMatt’s oil and reassembled. Worked a lot better than soaking in hopps 

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

IMG_1010.jpeg

IMG_1011.jpeg

IMG_1012.jpeg

1 hour ago, shepp said:

then wiped everything down with a thin coat of @JBMatt’s oil and reassembled

This is gonna be the key in the future, to not fighting the carbon buildup later down the line.  You'll find that it's WAY easier to cleanup the next time - whenever that is...   :hail:

On 2/18/2024 at 4:36 PM, 98Z5V said:

This is gonna be the key in the future, to not fighting the carbon buildup later down the line.  You'll find that it's WAY easier to cleanup the next time - whenever that is...   :hail:

yea I coated everything when I first got it.