• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Larue customer service.

alelks

There are different levels of customer service in my opinion.

Fantastic

Good

So So

Poor

I had always read good things about the customer service at Larue but I have to be honest.  The moment I called to place my order I was not feeling a warm and fuzzy about things. 

It was just too much straight and to the point and yep, we'll place your order.  I felt like I was interrupting something and the person on the phone just wanted to get me off as quick as possible.  No discussion as to options was even offered which in my opinion is not only good customer service but good salesmanship.

I sort of let that go but that's not where it ends.

On November 12th I sent an email to Larue in regards to a magazine issue I was having.  If I put any pressure to the rear or upward on the magazine it fails to eject a spent cartridge and tries to feed a live cartridge causing a jam.  I'm thinking the magazine is out of tolerance and causing problems.

Nov 16 sent a follow up email to Larue making sure they had seen my initial email as I had not heard back from them.

Nov 22nd received an email that they have been really busy but had forwarded my initial email to the gun department and were still waiting for a response.

Today (15 January) I sent another email informing them that I was still awaiting a response to my issue.

They are getting very close to a rating of "Poor" with me right now.

hey man, i hear ya there, like they don't care about the little guy, on their larger contracts. my obr is an early number, so i placed it before it wasn't released. then when the predatar came out i was ready for a carbine, and i thought shit ya! hell no. i called and asked some questions and bothered that poor sales person with what must have been mundane questions. and was told they wouldn't sell me one with a pinned stock. like it would've been so hard to do in their immense machine shop. then i called pws and was met with warm friendly personel, happy to shoot the shit several times. i with you al, just sucks because i love my rifle and totally would have bought two from them. now i will only use them for mounts.

• 2 years later...

I recently bought a used 7.62 OR and started having issues with the gun extracting spent rounds but failing to eject them before the next live round tried to feed, causing a jam. I called LaRue and told them about the issue. The first thing I was told was that the rifle has a lifetime guarantee and they would make it right, even though I bought it used. They sent a e-mail and requested information about the rifle and ammo etc...

Within maybe four days I received a phone call from LaRue and was told I would be receiving a new bolt, buffer and spring. Got the parts a couple days later, installed them and headed to the range. The rifle works flawlessly now!

From my first call to LaRue till I received the new parts was maybe a week and a half. They were easy to deal with and very helpful. Aside from talking with me about the issue I was having, they were interested in what kind of accuracy I'm getting and what I thought about their guns. I currently have two LaRue rifles and couldn't be happier with them and the customer service.