• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero M5 build. Buffer spring options

ShadowAviator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, ShadowAviator said:

Anyway, the Lantac pin measures 0.366, but the original toolcraft measures 0.371.  

That means you induced "slop into the system" by putting that part in there.  Just my observance.  0.005" is huge, when you're talking about these dimensions and tolerances.

Got pics of the bolt lugs with the original, against pic ot the bolts lugs with this Lantac thing in there?  That's key, to proving a point here, and priving something caused something else.  No pics, no proof, and Lantac will tell you that, directly.  Guarantee it.

We're getting Danger Close to Waterboarding here, where you're giving more details that weren't given before.  It's almost time to invoke the Waterboarding Thread on you.

You're right there on this line right here, where we have to extract information from you on this gun build...

187 Waterboarding Torture Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images

read this thread, and comply with it - because this is getting tired.  More info and more info...  Just get ALL the info out at once.  Comply by this, here:

I can tell you now - I'm tired of answering these questions - because we have NO IDEA what we're working with here.  Get the details in the Waterboarding Thread up.  I'm out, until I know what EXACTLY I'm working with here.  Right now, it's all changing, more details, etc.  Spill it.  All.

Why are you changing parts in the BCG in the first place?  For what reason?  You are adding Race Gun Parts to a perfectly functional BCG, but for what reason?  What was the desired outcome, or what you thought you'd improve?

You are Complicating Shiit here, with Complicated Shiit.  You're potentially creating your own problems, by doing this.

I am confused, I believe I gave all of that info in the first post on this thread.  I think all the info from the waterboarding thread was covered in the first page of this thread.

I didn't think the lantac cam pin was a race gun part, its simply not supposed to wear as much on the upper receiver.  Honestly I forgot that I had swapped it out.

25 minutes ago, ShadowAviator said:

I am confused, I believe I gave all of that info in the first post on this thread.  I think all the info from the waterboarding thread was covered in the first page of this thread.

I didn't think the lantac cam pin was a race gun part, its simply not supposed to wear as much on the upper receiver.  Honestly I forgot that I had swapped it out.

I'm asking for an update, entirely based on this, and asking what else has been swapped out.  We're working with an entirely different animal now, based on what else was swapped and forgotten about.  Hence, the whole reason for asking ALL the details - again.

Hope you understand THIS side of what's going on - trying to fix your gun, based entirely on your input, over the internet.

Ship me the gun.  I'll find all I need to know about it when I shoot it. 

But that's not really practical, or possible.

Therefore, we, here - rely on what you state it is. 

Edited by 98Z5V

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Why are you changing parts in the BCG in the first place?  For what reason?  You are adding Race Gun Parts to a perfectly functional BCG, but for what reason?  What was the desired outcome, or what you thought you'd improve?

You are Complicating Shiit here, with Complicated Shiit.  You're potentially creating your own problems, by doing this.

The cam pin change was just something I have done on other ARs.  It is supposed to replace, and perform the exact same function, as the normal cam pin.  The head is just rounded a bit were it touches the upper to help reduce wear.  Its not really a race gun part.

It certainly should not complicate anything, however they seem to have machined the diameter too small.  Other BCG makers I have talked to seem to use the 0.371" as the normal cam pin size, so why Lantac is using 0.366, I don't know.  I told them of the issue and they are looking into it.  Again, it is supposed to just be a replacement cam pin.  Anyway, I have  resolved that issue by going back with the original cam pin.

Nothing else has been swapped out.  We have already discussed the recoil and gas systems on the first page.  I think anything that wasn't mentioned I have already checked myself using info from other threads. (gas tube length for example)

I think I will let this discussion end for now.  For the most part, I only started this thread to double check what I already knew and learned on here.  In that regard, everyone has been very helpful.

On the failure to extract issue, I will see if changing the cam pin may have helped in some way.  From there, I will research and troubleshoot on my own.  

As 98Z5V said, trying to troubleshoot an issue over the internet is difficult.  Even if we review the build info again, I think I will only be wasting everyone's time.  I think I can work at it on my own for now.  If I can't figure it out, we can comb through the details then.

Thanks again for everyone's input.  98Z5V, thank you for taking a look at the extractor picture and letting me know about the square ejector pins.

We're all here - whenever.  Sort the gun out, but definitely get back in here and revisit everything, once you're shooting it.  If nothing else, and everything works out perfect - others might be able to take something away from this in the future.

If it doesn't run, and we need to figure more out to get it to run - others might be able to take something away from this in the future.