• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Where can I purchase JD Machine handguard?

lilredsammy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NoFail, Can we get the exact weight of that handguard you got? I'd love to know how it compares to my Apex CNC 12.5"

Oh yeah, I'm kind of late here now but I weighed it recently but only had a RCBS trigger pull scale to do it with. 14" JD hand guard tube style with barrel nut and sleeve attached was 14 oz. Without barrel nut & sleeve 10 oz.

Yeah, pricey but all of these aluminum designs seem to be. I got mine at gun show in S.F., dude sold it to me there for 200 (regular 219 for 14") cash I guess since I bought upper and lower at same time.

NoFail still waits for his upper to show up  :o

Also I was saying to JD guy at show that this is really nice stuff but I'm stuck on mega MATEN & that's what I am going to do. Dude said this receiver set $550 for you today. In retrospect I should have went with MATEN for 592 at Rainier. Because Mega gives you dust cover, charge handle, pins etc., and then I found out later about Bransen group buys and that is even a way better deal. Hindsight = 20/20.....

I'm addicted now so next build will be Mega small frame set, maybe from Dave, to build around 300 BLK.

Yes what JDM  brings to display is very convincing, and light!!

They had a JD 308 with a 14.5" barrel and a Noveske flash hider, then they wrapped the whole thing in a 15" free float tube. Very nice heft to it. I think they could have made it lighter though.

They showed a 13.7" with their 14" HG & the Noveske flash hider. It was pretty damn light I thought. That was one of the selling points for me even though I'm not exactly finishing it like that, but I hope she ends up being almost as light.