• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Doesn't like to feed from a full Lancer?

Czgunner

I took my 10L out the other day to bang some steel. I love this rifle.

I'm using a Colt rifle receiver extension, flatwire spring, and I think a Brownell's AR10 buffer.

I tried using a 5 round Lancer. When I release the bolt catch (or run the charging handle) the bolt grabs the top round, but stops when the round is about 1/2 way out of the mag. Once I get the first round in, it runs like a top.

Any ideas? Do I need more spring?

I really like the Lancer mags, is this rifle just not compatible with them? I don't think I've had any issues with the Magpul, Larue and another steel mag I have.

Edited by Czgunner

If I rember Lancer mags have tight lips. Most people stay away from these mags but you can carefully bend the l steel just a bit and that has helped, but I digress this is your mag and firearm so it may vary.  Give it a try? 

* I don't have any 308 cal lancer mags. Only 223/556. I use them for 300 blk and 458sc with no issues. 

On 11/10/2023 at 6:06 PM, Czgunner said:

flatwire spring,

Start here.  Try the Armalite EA1095 spring, or the Sprinco Red spring.

Try that, and report back - and sketch is right - you need to break in any new mag, and Lancers are no different, even though they are phenomenal magazines.

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Start here.  Try the Armalite EA1095 spring, or the Sprinco Red spring.

Try that, and report back - and sketch is right - you need to break in any new mag, and Lancers are no different, even though they are phenomenal magazines.

I looked on Sprinco's page and it says the RED is a carbine spring. I'm using a rifle extension and buffer.

1 hour ago, Czgunner said:

I looked on Sprinco's page and it says the RED is a carbine spring. I'm using a rifle extension and buffer.

That's cool.  The Sprinco Red is a direct replacement for the Armalite EA1095 spring.  The Armalite EA1095 spring is the only spring that they (Armalite) use, Carbine or Rifle Recoil System, on every AR-10, when it comes out of their factory.

You can trust me or not. 

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's cool.  The Sprinco Red is a direct replacement for the Armalite EA1095 spring.  The Armalite EA1095 spring is the only spring that they (Armalite) use, Carbine or Rifle Recoil System, on every AR-10, when it comes out of their factory.

You can trust me or not. 

Thanks. I trust you. Just verifying.