• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

[Refinishes & Restorations] A sampling of my works. [Pic Heavy!]

Guest LLArms

Guest LLArms

Right now I work exclusively with DuraCoat. In the near future I will be trying my hand at CereKote - working on finding room in my work area to get a table top oven set up.

Para Ordnance LTC 9mm (Shaved Makers Mark)

dscf3506k.jpg

[img width=810 height=607]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/283/dscf3597u.jpg

Ruger Mark II  (restored for my pastor, whom is a retired US Army veteran. We also added some Hogue Wrap Grips and a fiber optic front sight as a surprise!)

- Was not cleaned in roughly 10 years

- Was in a flooded basement

dscf3610r.jpg

dscf3751w.jpg

dscf3608.jpg

dscf3754o.jpg

dscf3748d.jpg

And one of my newest projects. Once again a restoration free of charge for a co-worker who I have known for 10 something years. Good guy, but does not have a lot of money. I just got this tonight so as of right now cleaning it up prior to prep is the name of the game.

I plan to add some nice rubber grips, a carry case, a new holster, and a box of ammo. (he gave it to me in a ratty nylon holster) as a surprise

Charter Arms .38

dscf4221c.jpg

dscf4222n.jpg

dscf4224h.jpg

dscf4225d.jpg

Will update as I have more pics to post.

Very nice! what kind of shape was the bore in after being underwater for a while and not cleaned?

I'm thinking about changing the color of my PRS stock in the future, would Duracoat hold up good ? can you use CereKote on non metal items? sorry for the newbie ??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LLArms

I'm actually working on a booth with an exhaust fan and some duct work to expel the crud outside directly.

Some painters actually use stove top exhaust roofs and build around those. But that cost to much.  :o <laughs>

I know it hasn't happened yet but just be careful that the fan doesn't spark and ignite the propellants/flammable material in the paint fumes. 

THAT WOULD SUCK!  :o

PS  I've done something similar to that myself so I'm not the one to talk.  <thumbsup>

I'm actually working on a booth with an exhaust fan and some duct work to expel the crud outside directly.

Some painters actually use stove top exhaust roofs and build around those. But that cost to much.  :o <laughs>

Find a buddy who does heating/ AC. Get a furnace blower and motor housing out of a unit he is replacing. They are light years better than regular fans. Smooth, steady air flow, quiet, and powerful. Did I mention; cheap or free!!!