• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A tale of customer service!

Matt.Cross

Here a while back, an upstanding member of our board here sold me a Troy MRF 13.8" rail at a terrific price. When I received the rail, it was brand new, still in the Troy box. I was enthralled, until I put it on that is. The receiver height didn't match up. This isn't an unfamiliar problem in the .308 AR world though, so I figured I'd have it cured in no time by simply ordering the correct height receiver. I put in a call to DPMS, who told me that the difference between their old receiver and the new is that the new one is higher. WRONG! So I ordered a new A3 upper based on what they told me. When I get it, the receiver heights are the same. I had a newer style receiver to begin with. So I place a call to Troy and explain that I have two new uppers of the wrong height and they quickly explained that if I had an older DPMS A3 receiver, the heights (between the rail and my upper) would've matched. They told me to send my upper back to DPMS for a refund. Then he told me to send him back my Troy rail, and he'd replace it with the correct height rail, don't worry about not having a receipt or anything they'll replace it. That's customer service! I may hang on to my new stripped upper though, you can never tell when it will be useful to have a spare upper!

I may hang on to my new stripped upper though, you can never tell when it will be useful to have a spare upper!

That almost like having an extra gas tube roll pin, maybe even a little worse.  ;D

I always like to hear when people receive good customer service, and what company was involved. Cause you normally only hear when things go wrong.

thanks for sharing!

That almost like having an extra gas tube roll pin, maybe even a little worse.  ;D

I agree, that's just a catalyst for a new build. Admit it Matt, you know it is!  <lmao>

BTW, I did NOT acquire a new Strayer-Voigt 2011 receiver that I didn't need about an hour ago, no sir I did not! Not as far as the wife is concerned anyway. ::)

I agree, that's just a catalyst for a new build. Admit it Matt, you know it is!  <lmao>

BTW, I did NOT acquire a new Strayer-Voigt 2011 receiver that I didn't need about an hour ago, no sir I did not! Not as far as the wife is concerned anyway. ::)

You've got it all wrong. There's no way this A3 upper is going to be replicated as a Mk12 Mod 0 upper, it just isn't going to happen. Not as far as the wife is concerned anyways.  <laughs> <lmao> <dontknow> <munch>