• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Laser sight question

MegaTon

Im looking into putting a laser system on my dpms 308, but Im having a really hard time weeding through all the airsoft crap. Of course I need something that can hold up to the beating that them big 7.62's are gonna dish out, and I need an IR laser/illuminator function on it.

As I retired, we were starting to receive the first PEQ-15s. I got to play with a couple before I threw my boots over the wire and I gotta tell you that it was MILES ahead of the sight it replaced, the PEQ-2. The only down side was the visible laser tended to wash out beyond 50m in bright sunlight. I didn't think that was too big of a deal, since the visible laser was to be used for CQC/CQM. I've been told that the PEQ-16 is better in that respect and also adds a visible white light. I thought one of the best features of the 15/16 was a unified zero - one set of adjustment dials for both the IR and visible laser - Zero one laser and the other is zeroed, too.