• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy from Wyoming

Badgerbronc

Hello all, been lurking awhile so decided to contribute.  Built a DPMS lr-308 with a 20" bbl and standard dpms flash hider and forearm.  Basiclly I did the build your own option on the DPMS site since nothing fit what I wanted exactly.  I acctually found my DPMS lower at a gun show and got it in from what I can tell to be new or refinished for $80 from a guy walking in the door before he could even get inside.  Then I bought the DPMS parts kit at the same show to compplete the lower.  I got a magpul PRS stock in foliage green, and used a hogue grip left over from one of my ar-15 parts cache.  I acctually just ordered the upper from DPMS and now must wait forever for them to get it to me so I will be impatiently waiting for now.  Thanks for letting me browse the forums and the advice i got from here.

A little about me is I'm a wanna be cool guy who played college football instead of joining the Marines like all my family before me and now I play with all the cool guy toys I can to make up for it.  I've got several ar's mostly colts and have built/had built some longrange rifles for hunting/competition.  I am bolt rifle poor right now as I seem to find the guy at the range or out hunting that wants to give me way more than my gun is worth.  I will be building a new one soon though.  I have a win 70 300wsm that I am thinking about using but might buy a rem 700 300 win mag to use.  I live in Gillette Wy and work in the gas patch.  8)