• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

dpms pattern rifle build question?

rra is proprietary, bushmaster is dpms owned, so you're ok there. for parts, also check out fulton armory and rainier arms

thank you i wondered if RRA was its own proprietary thing. why do they do that? for that reason i wont buy from them.. (CAN YOU READ RRA?)

i would just asume stay away form DPMS (call it a mental blockage) who should i look into getting components from? im looking at JP e bolt and now fulton armory carrier, mega upper and lower, APEX 15" handguard system ;D, 18" Rainier arms BBL, (SSA-E trigger someday :P)

RRA is a very old design that has matured.  Being that there is no milspec for these I dont think you cant fault any manufacturer for tryng to improve a design or make it their own. After all Armalite AR-10 is the grandfather to all of these.

As this 308 platform is evolving we are seeing progressive changes that will mean even less parts compatability. In my opinion folks need to clear their heads of these being AR-15's with regards to part swapping and think of them more like the different platforms that they are. Nobody buys a FN SCAR expecting major parts compatability with a Remington ACR or an AR-15.

Heck DPMS is still changing stuff on the fly.

We have Remington 700's and Winchester Model 70's, Chevy Corvettes and Ford Mustangs.

It's all good and gives us options. jmho

i have very limited knowledge about the 308 gas guns and its MANY variations.. because when i buy an LMT, or Stag, or RRA, BCG and slap it into my upper and it'll run like a clock... its just frustrating for me.

it is a hole different platform like you said. but part of me wants a standard. 

i like the DPMS pattern because it seems like they tried to go with as manny standard items as they could. like the gas system length.